VoidMP3FM for E00x Series [Discussion Thread]

void

Hi,

I bought a NW-E005F on the weekend and tried the Void transfer prog (22 August version), but the player didn't recognise song titles (album titles were OK though). I've read that a couple of other people had the same problem and thought I'd report it too. I've switched back to sonicstage for now partly because of this, but also so I'll have a better idea of what Void does compared to sonicstage (couldn't compare them on the weekend because I didn't know anything about SS).

Dr Void: do you still need AAC files sent to you?

Stephen

I cannot get this program to work. Can anyone please help?

I have August 22 version

I formatted my E005 using the onboard formatting menu option

I deletde the OMG**** folder from the unit in Windows XP

I unzipped the contents of the zip file onto my H:\ drive (which the unit appears as)

I then started the voidmp3fm.exe file from the H:\ drive, created a new folder from within the tool and dragged some songs there. I pressed SAVE ALL.

When unplugging the unit and attempting to play a song it just says FILE ERROR and UNKNOWN and will not play any songs. I have tried it with a number of different MP3 files. It makes no difference.

FTR I have flashed the firmware to the latest (as of mid august) version on the Sony site.

Hi Dropbear,

Are the music files actually making it onto your player? The first time I tried voidmp3fm, I drag&dropped the mp3 files then pressed SAVE ALL, but nothing happened. The solution was just to unplug the player from the computer, plug it back in and try again. It sounds like you've tried a few times though, so maybe your problem runs deeper than this.

Stephen

Hi Dropbear,

Are the music files actually making it onto your player? The first time I tried voidmp3fm, I drag&dropped the mp3 files then pressed SAVE ALL, but nothing happened. The solution was just to unplug the player from the computer, plug it back in and try again. It sounds like you've tried a few times though, so maybe your problem runs deeper than this.

Stephen

G'day Stephen.. Not sure mate, I'll have another gio. I'd suspect that the files made it over as it was flashing up FILE ERROR a few times.

Void, first of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH for VoidMP3FM - I was about to return my MW-E005F to the shop where I bought it on Monday, but VoidMP3FM saved the day!

When I bought the MW-E005F, I thought it's exactly what I want! I had a Creative MuVo, forgot it on the plane and had to go shopping for a new MP3 Player - and that's when I stumbled across the MW-E005F!

Took it home and was appalled when SonicStage was staring me in the face. The software is pure horse-dung!!That's why I didn't bought an iPod, because of the stupid iTunes software (I love Windows Media Player 11).

Just when I was about to give up all hope (I was seriously considering 'porting' all my songs to Sonicstage, but I just couldn't get myself to do it - the software completely sucks + the incovenience of having to transfer everything through Sonicstage!

Then I found VoidMP3FM!! Llast night I was still up till 03:00 to enjoy this fantastic MP3 Player - and it really kicks the lama's ass!!

Thank you, Void!!

Hello,

I tried the program today for the first time, uploaded about 600Mb in one shot using the program. They were all MP3s, mostly 320kbps or 256kbps VBR. I got the dreaded corrupt song beginnings on most songs too :(

By the way, thanks so much for this very promising software. I hope I'll soon be able to use it!

Edited by silvermark

Thanks for continuing the work on this, I'll try this new version tonight. Are you taking feature requests? If so, I'd like to drag a folder/directory and get the sub-directories as well (recursion). I store my mp3s in Artist/Album/song.mp3 directory structure (pretty common I'd guess), so currently can't just select all the artists that I want and do it in one hit - have to do it one artist at a time.

Stephen

Thank you very much for write this programme that this saved my e003f of just becoming a radio. I never expected that the “sonic stage” is unbelievable bad and the worst thing is if you don’t have it, your e00xf player will just be a radio + thumb drive. I failed to install the SS on both notebooks at home and this is complicated to totally uninstall it (worse than cleaning a virus).

Again thank for Void’s effort.

PS: the player shows the bitrate of all mp3s to be 128k, no matter what are their original, is it right?

Edited by Brianlam

Void

You are an absolute legend!! Thanks for all your effort, dude. I was becoming extremely frustrated with ChronicStodge not installing on my system despite my bloody-minded persistence. MP3 File Manager didn't want to play either. And then I found this little gem shining in the darkness.Thank-you, thank-you and thank-you again - we have prospered from your good deeds.

Hi Void,

Great program so far, just a couple of things preventing me from nuking SonicStage at the moment:

1) The stutter problem that's been mentioned previously.

2) I can only play more than 1 song when 'Sort" is set to the default 'Album'. If I change it to Artist/Album or Artist I can only play the first song of the first album - it's as if there's nothing else loaded on the player. If I set Sort back to Album then the other songs magically appear again.

Thanks for your efforts so far.

This latest september version worked for me. I managed to copy my songs to the player.

Im noticing the first second or so of SOME of the songs are corrupted though :sad: (I see this has been mentioned a few times! oh well! I have it as well)

Keep up the good work good doctor.

:wave:

Edited by Dropbear