No more NW-A3000B?

Rate this question

nepsa

Question

Hi everyone,

from now one month i have tried to get a nwa3000B on UK sites. after 15 days of intensive searches i thought i had found it... i even virtually bought it (they took my money and made me believe for 15 days everything was OK...)

Finally after a month, i received this:

becky

to me

More options Aug 7 (3 days ago)

Dear nepsa

I am extremely sorry for the delay in replying to yourself we have been struggling to get an answer from Sony.

They have called me back today and I am afraid Sony has discontinued the line. The new product will be launched In October the only alternative Sony has is an NW-A1200B which I am afraid is only 8GB or an alternative color.

Once again I apologies for the delay and I look forward to your reply.

This mail leads me to the following question:

:excl: Has anyone heard about those pretended new mp3 players?

11 answers to this question

Yeah, I reckon that Sony did discontinue the NW-A3000 in black. I checked out sonystyle japan's website:

http://www.jp.sonystyle.com/Walkman/Produc...h_navi#nw-a3000

and under the black NW-A3000 and NW-A1200, it says:

"販売を終了しました "

I altavista translated the whole page, and it said:

"It ended sale"

So based on sonystyle japan's site, the black versions of the NW-A3000 and the NW-A1200 are indeed discontinued :(

Good thing i snabbed one when i had the chance

I agree with dura.. I have the NW-A1200 in purple, and i really love it. It's one thing to see it in pictures, but to see how classy it really is, you need to hold it and see for yourself just now nice the purple looks.

Anyway, I can't wait til october to see what's up Sony's sleeves

Edited by aznbro85

Yes the A1000/3000s look a lot better in real life. The photos never really captured them properly - too reflective perhaps.

Roll on October.

Yeah, I reckon that Sony did discontinue the NW-A3000 in black. I checked out sonystyle japan's website:

http://www.jp.sonystyle.com/Walkman/Produc...h_navi#nw-a3000

and under the black NW-A3000 and NW-A1200, it says:

"販売を終了しました "

right , but as i live in france, i could afford one on their site.... sonystyle jp does NOT ship outside japanese prefectures... :sad:

anyway , thanks for the answers.

Edited by nepsa

nepsa,

if you read my post carefully, i stated that sony japan does NOT sell the NW-A3000/NW-A1200 in black anymore.

So using that as a benchmark, I was saying that since their "primary market" stopped selling them, it was reasonable that all the rest of the countries would stop selling them as well.

We don't have the NW-A1200 here, nor do we get the NW-A3000B. But I noticed that two months ago, when I paid a visit to the Sony Central shop in the city, they didn't have any NW-A1000/NW-A3000 models for customers to test on the shelves. Only the old NW-E400/NW-E500 series.

Edited by kerfuffle

It depends where.When I bought my nw-a 3000 there was plenty of nw-a 3000 in black.

I live in Colchester UK so probably you weren't lucky enough to get black one.I bought main at Sony Centre about one week ago.They still have some black ones so if you want to have one of black nw-a 3000 come to Colchester and buy it. B)

We don't have the NW-A1200 here, nor do we get the NW-A3000B. But I noticed that two months ago, when I paid a visit to the Sony Central shop in the city, they didn't have any NW-A1000/NW-A3000 models for customers to test on the shelves. Only the old NW-E400/NW-E500 series.

While in Domayne @ Epping on Saturday I noticed that they had several A1000 & surprise an A3000. Which was a shock as I haven't see an A3000 for since Feb/March.

The Sony Australia site shows the A3000V as available but none of the others.

Minidisc Australia still shows A1000S/L

While in Domayne @ Epping on Saturday I noticed that they had several A1000 & surprise an A3000. Which was a shock as I haven't see an A3000 for since Feb/March.

The Sony Australia site shows the A3000V as available but none of the others.

Minidisc Australia still shows A1000S/L

Yeah. Domayne at Liverpool has them too, as of last month. I haven't seen any in the playground at school, and I doubt I ever will. -_-" All I see are iPods.

Bing Lee at Rhodes and Dick Smith Electronics in Fairfield still sell the NW-HD1. O.O At $399. But I think there's only one for sale in the entire shop . . .

Silly people. You can get the latest player for the same price. Who's going to buy old technology at new prices?

(Probably me, when mine breaks. :lol:)

Edited by kerfuffle