Sonic stage on 64 bit windows 8.1

Rate this topic

freddyjollo

no problems at all.  just that since I had already had to turn off driver sigining to install a scsi  scanner driver I assumed it was always off  as there is no way to turn it back on again, and when I saw the hash error  first of all wondered what futher problem i had as had forgotten it was about driver  signing

• 4 weeks later...

well I have had one problem with Sonic stage  on Windows 8.1. For some strange reason when I  ran the new install of SS on the old folder ( which had  had an XP install SS ) of non encrypted  audio files all the atrac one had their copyable rights  set to 0 rather than unlimited - the first I knew this was happening was when I tried to  copy one such file to a new md  - and it refused. The solution in my case was to copy all the audio files to a NEW FOLDER  and  run SS on that, that  returned the unlimited  copy rights of  the atrac files.

It has been a long time since I have used SS and one point about how it works not clear about. I had always assumed when you copied say an LP4 file as LP4 to a md there was no conversion and no extra file  was made - it seems  in my case since all my audio files  have no encryption an encrypted copy is being made first  of all  in the optimised folder, I cant remember that ever happened before? Has been a long time since I sent atrac files to md  - mostly have been mp3. What do other people here  know and is my system mis behaving since the  audio files were once owned  by a differnt install of SS ( was in fact 4.2 )