Line in recording, analog cable VS optical cable

Rate this topic

krisnadii

Hey,

I just wondering if anyone has opinion in regards to recording music from PC to MD Recorder in Hi-SP.

How much does using analog 3.5 cables compares to optical?

Also how does recording quality differs from older MZ-N series to the MZ-NH and MZ-RH

If anyone can give some description on that?

Thanks

Kris

well one univeral problem with recording from pcs is  getting  extraneous system beeps etc

I would have thought  you dont want to use analogue ( that has been  a to d-ed )  but use a direct  digital  connection?

also  you want a player  that  will send out direct  sounds untainted  by pc  interferance - not many of them around - foobar is one, recomended for  using  with  digital  (usb) out to the audiolab  8200cdq but  probably can do to optical also

ah, thanks for the tip, i will try them. im still waiting for the optical cable that i bought to arrive. 

to be honest so far i have been recording music of YouTube, those 1 to 2 hours long of mix which i simply cant get anywhere else. the beeps n what not can be turn off from sound control panel BTW, but yeah occasionally it still happened. 

mainly i recorded from radio (radio talkshows)

my pc got optical out, so definitely goin to try. 

if you use  foobar to avoid windows  mixer,  for  windows vista and above you need also to download the WASAPI componant. Foobar and this  component  together  will allow bit  prefect delivery of digital sound without  going thru the mixer and will mute system sounds. If you want to know how to set them  up you  should  download the Audiolab 8200cdq user manual where it explains it all how to set up.

here is  such a link

https://avrevolution.com.au/media/files/user_manual/Audiolab 8200CD User Manual.pdf

from my install I see will direct  bit perfect output  not only to my audiolab usb dac but also the optical output. so to get best sound  with windows use foobar

http://www.foobar2000.org/

the wasapi component is also there -

http://www.foobar2000.org/components

near the bottom

to install the WASAPI  component all you need to do is to drag the file onto the list of components installed from the menu LIBRARY/CONFIGURE/COMPONENTS  window

note the latest  version of  foobar is a bit differnt to the one that the Audiolab manual uses so read around it a bit

the  section on foobar is short about page 14 I think as the manual is obviously about the audiolab 8200cdq  cd player/preamp/dac. Can also use it with XP but need a differnt  aspi layer

setting  up foobar  dont seem to be very hard mainly  selecting the output stream ( a WASAPI one ) and bit depth