Clone MD > MD

Rate this topic

chri5

I am using Sony Neige 80 discs. I've had some transparent stickers made with white ink. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GzDIcXGlKX4AyqLq6ul7SqZv3ZrGhubq/view?usp=sharing

I'm using the standard frosted white cases that come with the neige but replacing the j-card inside. I'll post the full product and templates once it's released. It will be a few months yet!

RackMultipart20180107-16907-1l7mutr.jpg

After seeing your labeled up disc I thought I'd dig this out from my collection.  It's on N5MD which was originally started as a MiniDisc only label.  I can only assume Tim Koch is an MD fan, which is great.  I like the look of your disc and will be interested in a copy once it is released.  Please let us know the details.

IMG_1716.JPG

• 3 months later...
On 12/16/2017 at 11:39 AM, bluecrab said:

The prices on buyee certainly are in line with what I would pay. However, my prior experience there resulted in what seemed to be higher additional fees than they originally stated, and by a lot

bluecrab,

I would like to try Buyee but since you mentioned that the additional fees are really high, I am having second thoughts now.

Could please you give me an example of how much the fees would be if I buy an item worth $100 so I can get an idea if it's really worth it? Or just stick to eBay?

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2018 at 10:52 PM, Hmmm Music Lover said:

bluecrab,

I would like to try Buyee but since you mentioned that the additional fees are really high, I am having second thoughts now.

Could please you give me an example of how much the fees would be if I buy an item worth $100 so I can get an idea if it's really worth it? Or just stick to eBay?

Thank you!

So sorry...I just saw this. I was able to retrieve all the info. The deck was 256 USD. Shipping and fees were 177 USD. Here's the breakdown, from an email Buyee sent me:

[Total Shipping Cost]
US$177.84
(19,100yen)
-------------------------------------------
[Fee Breakdown]
<Domestic Shipping Fee (From seller to Buyee)>
1,400yen
<Consumption Tax>
0yen

<International Shipping Fee (From Buyee to your address)>
16,200yen
<Package Consolidation Fee>
0yen
<Protective Packaging Fee>
1,500yen

※The paid amount is calculated from the USD-JPY exchange rate at the time of the payment.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, sfbp said:

That's an exceptionally high international shipping fee but isn't that because you bought a very heavy deck? The other fees from Buyee are relatively insignificant based on your given numbers.

The deck is heavy, yes. It feels heavier than the 7.5 kg it is listed as weighing. I thought it would all add up to a bit less...in fact, somehow the total shipping cost kept increasing as the process evolved. And the deck, supposedly in A-1 condition, had to be repaired to work properly. (That was done with help from these quarters and elsewhere.) I wasn't really complaining about it, though, just answering the question. You don't see very many JA22ESs around here!

20lbs is getting up there, but I there exist heavier (probably the 555ES takes the cake at 15.3kg but I have not done an exhaustive check). BTW there is a choice of carriers - so far I always used SAL, if I recall. Fed Ex or UPS will likely be expensive, but DHL sometimes has a cheaper international rate (I speak generally, nothing to do with Buyee).