Sony DHC-EX880MD, replacement remote/info on it?

Rate this topic

darklight

The other day I spotted nice looking and reasonably priced Sony DHC-EX880MD hifi (Minus remote) in a used furniture/electrical store and was curious since I knew nothing about it.
A quick google showed me some eBay listings and such for the device but not a whole lot of info really, not even the minidisc.org site had it listed under the equipment browser.

I ended up grabbing it as it has not only a 3 CD changer but also a 3 MD changer too and well I didn't need it but wanted it because of how it looked and I had a desire to use my old blank MDs again.
From what i can see, the speakers I have with mine are different to those i've seen pictured
Upon looking up the manual I found that under the DHC-EX880MD model name it also lists a DCH-717 model which is in fact listed on the minidisc.org site.

So I'm curious to know if it would be possible to find a replacement remote as I can't seem to find anything beyond RM-IA9/TMR-IA9 as listed under the DCH-717 on the MD org site.

Also what about general info on my particular model of hifi? I'm assuming it is just a UK version of the 717 and that it was released roughly the same time in 97? 
Is it rare or just uncommon seeing as it has the 3 MD changer? Not that I'm bothered about the rarity or anything as I wanted it anyway but just nice to know these things

Thanks in advance.

On 1/20/2019 at 5:55 AM, bluecrab said:

The two units (717/880) share the same user manual. P. 23 of the manual has a drawing of the [shared] remote, but not its model number. However. P. 101 of the manual has this:

Supplied accessories: Remote RM-SE717 (1)

That will be the unit to look for.

Thanks, I must have missed it on my quick scan of the manual.

21 hours ago, sfbp said:

Here you go:

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/h189664296

Best be quick.,,,, only 2 hrs left

Thanks.
I'm UK based and have managed to find a remote on eBay if I want one.

Just getting used to how this machine functions, and recorded my first minidisc in about 20 odd years.
Last recording would have been on a Sharp MD-R2  as I don't think I actually recording anything when I had an Sony NH600, but rather I just used my PC with Sonicstage.