Naurd NW-E00X Mp3 File Manager

Rate this topic

Patrick Balleux

Hi MizzSan,

-I had previously downloaded your software to my computer and some of the buttons functioned, but not the "add title to the player" which is why I tried to put the softward on my unit hoping that was the problem

Strange behavior... Have you tried with the OMGAUDIO.zip from the sourceforge project?

Does the software shows "???? OMGAUDIO ????"

Are you using Windows (I assume that you are)...

It looks like the OMGAUDIO folder cannot be found... Make sure that the JAR file is at the root of the player and that the OMGAUDIO folder is created...

If you still have problems, try formating the unit (from the unit menu, not from Windows!) and reinstall everything... You may have corruption on your unit (It happened to me by removing the unit while Windows was writing to it...)

Let me know...

Pat

Hi MaDriver,

1 - whether probably to add support of Russian, if yes that is whether it in your schedules?

2 - mine NW-E005 on 2 GB and except for your program anything is not present, but the program shows that freely only 928 MB

Russian could be supported by the interface but I don't know russian so if there is any volunteer to translate the language file...

This could be really easy to implement. Just a quick tip : Look inside the JAR file (this is a ZIP actually), there is a file called language.properties that contains the language data. There is one for French also. If you can, translated it and send it to me. I will merge the file so it will support Russian in the next version.

For the size, that is quite easy, there is a file called "playersize.txt"... Edit the first line to match your 2 gigs size. The problem comes from Java 1.5 because it cannot detect the size of a drive/partition. This is implemented in Java 1.6 ...

Pat

Hi whtvr,

Hi there,

First of all, thanks for your hard work Patrick - great effort.

I bookmarked your project site on sourceforge and been visiting it from time to time looking for updates but found none. I saw several people joining your project so I have a qustion - when can we expect new release? I understand that you cannot tell the exact date but are we talking about days, weeks or months away from new version?

Thanks again,

Maciej

I know, there is nothing new on the project because I did not have the time (too much work). But don't worry, things will start again really soon to go the that 1.0 version...

Pat

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange behavior... Have you tried with the OMGAUDIO.zip from the sourceforge project?

Does the software shows "???? OMGAUDIO ????"

Are you using Windows (I assume that you are)...

It looks like the OMGAUDIO folder cannot be found... Make sure that the JAR file is at the root of the player and that the OMGAUDIO folder is created...

If you still have problems, try formating the unit (from the unit menu, not from Windows!) and reinstall everything... You may have corruption on your unit (It happened to me by removing the unit while Windows was writing to it...)

Let me know...

Pat

Hi Pat,

Yes, it did show "???? OMGAUDIO ????" before, but then I reset the unit (but also had to use Windows to delete the previous OMGAUDIO file and the .jar file). I then downloaded the OMGAUDIO.zip file from your website on to my unit and the .jar file on to my unit and everything works like a charm! :D

Thanks a million!

Hi derelek

That, I don't know...

Do you have any mp3 with chineese chars... I'd have to validate to see what happens. Does the sony player support it?

Pat

As expected, the chinese characters are not recognize by the file manager ... they will appear as ??? Possibly someone can help on this ... ???

• 3 weeks later...

hi.. first of all, thanks for the software, it works great...

i have a similar problem to one mentioned before, but not with the 13 albums limit... i can add up to 19 but then it wont transfer any more... i have around 250 songs in the player...

my player is the e005 with the size text file modified for 2gb, the space is not a issue cause i have almost half free... im almost sure its about the number of songs because the 19th folder was cut in half, only the first songs were copied and then the rest of that folder and the next folders were ignored...

is there a trick to put more songs? anyone has more than 250 songs?

thanks!

ok... i was testing a little and i think i know what the problem is....

the player supports any number of songs and/or albums, but the software only takes 255 songs total (it transfers more, but it only shows the first 255), so if you put more that that, you will be able to listen to them on the player, but you won't be able to modify them on the software because they just won't show up (so you can't move them up/down, erase them, bring them back to your hdd, etc.)

i don't know about coding but i hope this helps to solve the issue... maybe you didn't put the limit of 255, but it was on java by default... i saw another software similar to this with a similar bug (voidmp3fm), that later on they fixed putting a higher limit manually on the software...

• 2 weeks later...

please HELP ME.. I don't know what is going wrong but I'm not able to transfere any file to my MP3 :( the message no data apears every time I unplug the device... what should I do.. any step by step explaination.. I know I am a computer idiot but I just want this thing to work!! help me please and btw I am using windows

Help Please

I have had a NWE005 for Christmas and naturally tried using the Sonic software. In a nutshell after upgrading to the latest version and upgrading my firmware the operation of transferring files is erratic \ unstable. Hence, I would like a reliable, functional way to add \ delete mp3 files from the unit.

I am a basic computer user so when I read the instruction i take them literally. I am not sure whether I am doing the install of the MP3 file manager right can you help! I did take time to read a lot the previous posts and carried out certain points.

I verified I could load a mp3 file to the unit via Sonicstage.

I verified that I have Java 5.10 (1.5.10) on my PC.

On one post it states to load the "installer the NW-E00X Mp3 File Manager on your player at the root". I assume this means to copy the jar file (downloaded) to the root of my removeable drive (NW-E005) in my case G:

Am I meant to just double-click this file? It seems to work or am I missing something? Occassionally, the software appears to lock up but I am not sure whether that is the way I have installed it, or using it?

I would appreciate your comments.

Cheers

Andy

Follow-on from last post

I do not believe that I have it workig correctly because when I select a number of tracks from am album and copy them over they seem to work fine, but then in the save process I can experience "write delay errors". Checking the saved files I notice a few missing which I go in to check and the copy back in - fine. WhenI do the next album I also get errors but then noice missing tracks from the previous album - not the same ones?

Any idea what the problem could be ?

Cheers

Andy

Weji, replace the OMGAUDIO folder on your player with the one in the optional downloads section on the SurceForge site. Then just copy across jar file again. That worked for me. If that doesn't fix it you may have to re-encode the mp3 files. I've run into a few that didn't play.

Edited by Sling

Hi everyone..new guy here, thought someone might could help me out maybe. I have an NW-E005F, and I have used this program successfully on another pc...I'm pretty sure it will work on mine as well, but this is my ordeal: everytime I try to open up my removable drive (the mp3 player directory, listed as drive E:\ on my computer), my computer screen goes black, or freezes up and I have to restart. It happens every time without fail. :sad:

I'm running Windows 98SE and I had to download some drivers for it to recognize it at first, but I did that and it recognizes it fine, nothing odd happening in device manager or anything like that. I have also downloaded Java for the program, so that isn't a problem. This is made all the more weird, to me at least, by being able to open it fine on another computer (with Windows ME) when it has a ? in device manager next to it in the device manager, yet my computer has nothing of the sort, and always goes black\freezes! :huh: I have scoured the internet and haven't found anyone with the same problem or nothing that will help me to open it...anyone know what this might be?? Any info VERY appreciated.:)

Hello All!

I'm back after several months of hardwork for my main job.

I just release the version 0.12 (last one was 0.10).

(I know, I skipped 0.11...)

What's new

------------------

... nothing...

but now

* can load more than 255 titles. There was a bug that prevented loading more titles.

* Small modification on the FFMpeg integration (was not always working under linux)

* When importing Mp3, the header ID3 is now removed as it is supposed to be done on this player. This improves the compatibility...

I should now have more time working on the project...

It as been reported that NW-E00x Mp3 File Manager is working

under Windows, MAC OSX, Linux (several ditributions...)

Player currently supported :

NW-E002,NW-E003, NW-E005, NW-ES05

I think that there can be other version also, but testing is needed..

Thanks for your comment!

Pat

On the 9th Jan, I downloaded the following zip file "NW-E00X_MP3_File_Manager-0.12.zip 246 KB WinZip File". I then unzipped the file but did not recognise any of the files in the zip file ie I was expecting to see a .jar file.

Today, I tried another download and downloaded "NW-E00X_MP3_File_Manager-0.12.jar 246 KB Executable Jar File".

This is what I recognise, but what was in the zip file and do I need it?

Hi Patrick,

am very much impressed with the software which you have created. But i have a problem. I own NW-005F (2GB). But when i tried to load more songs than 1GB it gives me a negative number. For ex if i tried to load 1.2GB of songs, it give -250MB and the Write button is not enabled. So i am not able to write more than 1GB songs into the player. So maybe in your next release can you increase the size check contraint to 2GB.

thanks,

Vince

Edited by Vin_Eme

Hi Patrick,

am very much impressed with the software which you have created. But i have a problem. I own NW-005F (2GB). But when i tried to load more songs than 1GB it gives me a negative number. For ex if i tried to load 1.2GB of songs, it give -250MB and the Write button is not enabled. So i am not able to write more than 1GB songs into the player. So maybe in your next release can you increase the size check contraint to 2GB.

thanks,

Vince

I am having this same issue...my player has about a gig of space yet, the write button is disabled and I can't upload any more music. Hopefully Patrick will include this in the new version..that'd be awesome. :)

Hi alisam

On the 9th Jan, I downloaded the following zip file "NW-E00X_MP3_File_Manager-0.12.zip 246 KB WinZip File". I then unzipped the file but did not recognise any of the files in the zip file ie I was expecting to see a .jar file.

It was always a JAR, but actually, a JAR is a Zip... Maybe your browser renamed the JAR as a zip... I never put zip since a jar is already compressed...

Keep me informed if it happens again...

Pat

Hi MornganneRawks,

HELPP MEE .. i formatted a NW-E003F on my computer and theres nothing left... i made a folder called OMGAUDIO... but there is no database what do i do :sad:

Easy one, download the OMGAUDIO.zip from the Optionals packages and unzip it in your player...

Then install NW-E00x Mp3 File Manager at the root of the player and enjoy!

Pat

Hi Vin_Eme

to write more than 1GB songs into the player. So maybe in your next release can you increase the size check contraint to 2GB.

Easy one also... You have to edit the file playersize.txt to match your player capacity size. I know, a menu with an option would have been better, but, it was quicker this way for now. Anyway, With Java 6 that is out, the capacity of a disk is now available, So maybe we will base one of the next major version on JAVA 6 instead of JAVA 5 ...

Pat

Hi Pat,

thank you for this great tool. Because I'm a Mac OS X user it's been the rescue for me.

I tried the new version 0.12 and found that the volume of my music was a lot lower than with version 0.10. In particular pieces of classical music are almost not perceptible even with the volume set to 30.

So I went back to v0.10 and a volume setting of 20 is OK even when having lot of surround noise.

I'm using iTunes and have the feature activated that makes all songs play at the same volume.

Another problem even with the 0.10 is that tunes that have certain characters in their names are not played. Although I removed all letters like ä,ü,ö,ß and so on, some titles left that are still not played (and are displayed only for some parts of a second).

If you're interested I'll send you one of them.

By the way: I have to switch from "Local" to "Potcasts" and back to get the button "Add all titles from all sub-directories" colored (and pressable).

Viktor

Hi Korinthenkacker

I tried the new version 0.12 and found that the volume of my music was a lot lower than with version 0.10. In particular pieces of classical music are almost not perceptible even with the volume set to 30.

So I went back to v0.10 and a volume setting of 20 is OK even when having lot of surround noise.

Another problem even with the 0.10 is that tunes that have certain characters in their names are not played. Although I removed all letters like ä,ü,ö,ß and so on, some titles left that are still not played (and are displayed only for some parts of a second).

If you're interested I'll send you one of them.

By the way: I have to switch from "Local" to "Potcasts" and back to get the button "Add all titles from all sub-directories" colored (and pressable).

The software does not change any volume in the mp3, but, I do remove the ID3 header from the MP3 since some headers are incompatible with the nw player... Look the tags with a tag editor to see if there is something in there that could change something... I check on my side to reproduce that problem.

Also, I'll check for that button...

Thanks for your comments,

Patrick

hello, :) it has been buying my reproducer NW-E005F for a month and was resigned to use the odioso software of Sony (Sonicstage), and sailing by the network encontre your application that this very good… and good now I want agradecerte enormously by the great facility that now is to transfer my archives mp3 to my reproducer. But I have some doubts, that of insurance already they estan responded in the forum, I do it so that I am not very good with the language of the English, your page navegue with the translator of google. Although some already it clears like fixing them the one of the capacity. good I do not make much mola and I pass to mencionarte my doubts to you: 1. You recommend to me to unload the OMGAUDIO.zip which this. The one works normal to raise mp3, but I do not have the option to look for a song in individual leaves “Unknown to me” those that subi with your application but not with which subi with the Sonicstage. Actualize my firmware to the version 2.00, tendra that to see something that. :unsure: 2. Playlist works with your application? From Peru a hug and darte again infinite thanks for your answer. :)

Sory but can someone help me please

I have NW-E003 player and i have a lot of problems since ive formated the player!

I unzip the OMGAUDIO from jour websate and copy the NW-E00X_MP3_File_Manager-0.12 to the player i then run the NW-E00X_MP3_File_Manager-0.12 and copy songs to my device and when i try to play these songs nothing happens and it writes "X Format Error"What should i do?

Sory for a bad english im from croatia and do only know basics of english!hehe

Hi Mgaic

I unzip the OMGAUDIO from jour websate and copy the NW-E00X_MP3_File_Manager-0.12 to the player i then run the NW-E00X_MP3_File_Manager-0.12 and copy songs to my device and when i try to play these songs nothing happens and it writes "X Format Error"What should i do?

Have you formatted your player with Windows? You should format your player with the builtin tool (in the advance menu i think...).

Let me know!

Patrick

Hi 8iLLy

hello, :) it has been buying my reproducer NW-E005F for a month and was resigned to use the odioso software of Sony (Sonicstage), and sailing by the network encontre your application that this very good… and good now I want agradecerte enormously by the great facility that now is to transfer my archives mp3 to my reproducer. But I have some doubts, that of insurance already they estan responded in the forum, I do it so that I am not very good with the language of the English, your page navegue with the translator of google. Although some already it clears like fixing them the one of the capacity. good I do not make much mola and I pass to mencionarte my doubts to you: 1. You recommend to me to unload the OMGAUDIO.zip which this. The one works normal to raise mp3, but I do not have the option to look for a song in individual leaves “Unknown to me” those that subi with your application but not with which subi with the Sonicstage. Actualize my firmware to the version 2.00, tendra that to see something that. :unsure: 2. Playlist works with your application? From Peru a hug and darte again infinite thanks for your answer. :)

1 - Use the OMGAUDIO.zip only if you have problem with your original omgaudio folder...

2 - SonicStage will not work after using NW-E00x Mp3 File Manager, sory...

3 - Playlist, Searching will not work because NW-E00x Mp3 File Manager do not support them. It will in a near future...

Hope I have helped.

Patrick

Hi! I was so relieved to discover this program last week. I'd bought an NW-E002 for my wife as a Christmas present but SonicStage stopped working on my PC a couple weeks ago. I was just about to take it back when I stumbled across this file manager program!

I have managed to get it working fine on my windows xp pc. It transfers files onto the device and the podcast function works great.

However... I have just made the love to Linux Ubuntu 6.10 and was hoping for similar success with the file manager program. Java is installed fine and the application starts up. In the top right hand corner it tells me that FFMpeg support is enabled. The problem is that the program on Linux cannot see the contents of my Walkman and so I am getting the error message in the bottom of the application ????? ./OMGAUDIO ????? There is definitely an OMGAUDIO file at the root of the player - not sure why it can't be seen, especially seeing as its worked on windows.

Any ideas?

Hi Patrik!

Was incredibly happy to find your manager. Now I have problems running it.

So I read all the threads of the forum and tried different options - still no good.

I've got Sony NW-E005F (2gb), Firmware v. 2.01. I run WinXP Professional on my PC.

What I did to make it work:

1. Formated player from within (using advanced menu option).

2. Copied unzipped "OMGAUDIO" folder, downloaded from sourceforge on my player.

3. Copied NW-E00X_MP3_File_Manager-0.12.jar in the root folder of my player.

4. Coppied ffmpeg.exe and accompanying dll in the root folder of my player (even though I never change bitrate of imported files).

5. Launched NW-E00X_MP3_File_Manager-0.12.jar by double-clicking on it.

6. Selected all music files to be imported, pressed "add title to player", then pressed "write titles to player".

7. Closed the program.

8. Safely removed device.

9. On unplugging received "NO DATABASE" error.

I wonder what the problem might be, as I've tried all the possible solutions from this and other forums and neither helped.

Thanks in advance.

P.s. I've attached copy of original OMGAUDIO with small audio file, created by SonicStage, just in case.

Hi Patrik!

Was incredibly happy to find your manager. Now I have problems running it.

So I read all the threads of the forum and tried different options - still no good.

I've got Sony NW-E005F (2gb), Firmware v. 2.01. I run WinXP Professional on my PC.

What I did to make it work:

1. Formated player from within (using advanced menu option).

2. Copied unzipped "OMGAUDIO" folder, downloaded from sourceforge on my player.

3. Copied NW-E00X_MP3_File_Manager-0.12.jar in the root folder of my player.

4. Coppied ffmpeg.exe and accompanying dll in the root folder of my player (even though I never change bitrate of imported files).

5. Launched NW-E00X_MP3_File_Manager-0.12.jar by double-clicking on it.

6. Selected all music files to be imported, pressed "add title to player", then pressed "write titles to player".

7. Closed the program.

8. Safely removed device.

9. On unplugging received "NO DATABASE" error.

I wonder what the problem might be, as I've tried all the possible solutions from this and other forums and neither helped.

Thanks in advance.

P.s. I've attached copy of original OMGAUDIO with small audio file, created by SonicStage, just in case.

Sorry for annoynce guys.

The problem was my OMGAUDIO folder and all its contents were read-only.

Once I've fixed that everething flies.

Thank you Pat. You are my hero. I was about to return device because of SonicStage, but obviously not now.

Now I want to contribute to the project. I am not developer, but I can help translate interface into Russian and Ukrainian.

Could you provide me with some instructions?

Thanks again.

I've written a guide for using Patrick's software (thanks Patrick!) on Linux and other Unix-like systems here:

http://david.dw-perspective.org.uk/Sony-NW...MacOSX-etc.html

(I use Fedora Core).

David

Thanks David. I'd come across this guide in my attempts to find a solution. What I am confused with is the fact that I can see the OMGAUDIO folder in the usbdisk folder and next to the jar file, as it should be; that it works in Windows; but fails to detect within Ubuntu linux. The folder is able to be written and deleted within linux so it's not even read-only.

I just can't think what's wrong. I'm on java 1.5.08 but surely that can't be the problem?