Naurd NW-E00X Mp3 File Manager

Rate this topic

Patrick Balleux

Hi bootsbradford,

However... I have just made the love to Linux Ubuntu 6.10 and was hoping for similar success with the file manager program. Java is installed fine

Yep, I know what is happening... I also have Ubuntu 6.10 and the problem is related to Nautilus that is executing the JAR from another folder instead of the current folder when double-clicking the JAR file (The current folder seems to always be the home folder of your user...).

There are several solutions but here is the one I use:

Create a startManager.sh file (Like a batch file in Windows), and add to that file that command "java -jar nw-e00xmp3manager.jar". Copy that file at the same place as the JAR file (Careful with letter case since Linux is case sensitive...). Now instead of double-clicking on the JAR file, double click on th .SH file (remember to set that file to executable...).

This should do the trick...

Pat

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi sony_user

To download podcasts I can only enter internet via a proxy server.

Is it possible to do this with NW-E00X Mp3 File Manager ??

Are you using windows or Linux or Mac?

If I remember well, you can configure the proxy settings in the control panel of Windows (for all java application) ... But I'll have to validate if it is working...

Anyway, I'll look to integrate that feature in a next version.

Pat

There are several solutions but here is the one I use:

Create a startManager.sh file (Like a batch file in Windows), and add to that file that command "java -jar nw-e00xmp3manager.jar". Copy that file at the same place as the JAR file (Careful with letter case since Linux is case sensitive...). Now instead of double-clicking on the JAR file, double click on th .SH file (remember to set that file to executable...).

This should do the trick...

Pat

Brilliant, that's worked, so glad I can use this on Windows and Linux now, what a brilliant piece of software! Thanks again!

Hi Zerosystem,

I was wondering, has anyone gotten this to work with an NW-E40x/NW-E50x model network walkman yet?

I am running Ubuntu Linux, and am desperate for a solution to put music on the player.

As for the HD5 series, the E40x and E50x series are encrypting the mp3 on the player.

I was able to find out how to encrypt the mp3s but there is a small problem: the magic number to encrypt is different for each series and I have to find a way to detect it...

For now, I am currently trying to document everything but those player will eventually be supported...

Thanks for you interest

Patrick

Hi jurin,

yes i have tried your software and it produces "No Data" in my bean. it means that my bean couldn't detect any song that i have transferred. what is the problem with your software and my bean?

Have you checked the file system on your bean? Compare it with the OMGAUDIO.zip from the optional packages and tell me if they are different...

Ia the bean working with the Mp3 File Manager from Sony?

Pat

yes, my bean works with sony mp3 file manager. but i have used your software for my nw-e002f for some time and now i decide to use it for my bean. unforunately, it doesnt work with it.

the differences between the nw-e00x's and bean's omgaudio are as follows:

+ 01TREE2D.DAT

+ 03GINF2D.DAT

+ RESERVED.DAT

the files above are from the E00x's omgaudio.

so it is possible for your mp3 file manager to works with my bean?

Hi jurin,

yes, my bean works with sony mp3 file manager. but i have used your software for my nw-e002f for some time and now i decide to use it for my bean. unforunately, it doesnt work with it.

the differences between the nw-e00x's and bean's omgaudio are as follows:

+ 01TREE2D.DAT

+ 03GINF2D.DAT

+ RESERVED.DAT

the files above are from the E00x's omgaudio.

so it is possible for your mp3 file manager to works with my bean?

For now, it will not work because your bean player is working the the mp3 manager from sony meaning that files are encrypted.

It is not the case with the NW-E0x series, that's why I was able to create a small manager.

But I'm working on it....

Pat

thank you for your effort patrix...

i want to share something with you, last night i have tried to replace the bean omgaudio with the E00x omgaudio, then i found that only 2 songs can be transferred to the device. the transferred songs stored in Ghostbuster(i dont really remember it.something like that la.) and acoustic album. i realized that, even i create my own album name through your software, it stills produce same result. the device only show the two albums that i don't even know where they come from....

i hope this can help you to figure out how to make your software works with bean.

thanx in advanced.

Hi jurin,

thank you for your effort patrix...

i want to share something with you, last night i have tried to replace the bean omgaudio with the E00x omgaudio, then i found that only 2 songs can be transferred to the device. the transferred songs stored in Ghostbuster(i dont really remember it.something like that la.) and acoustic album. i realized that, even i create my own album name through your software, it stills produce same result. the device only show the two albums that i don't even know where they come from....

i hope this can help you to figure out how to make your software works with bean.

What you see is garbage from the index files related to the search features of the players...

We are also working to support playlist and search on the player.

Patrick

• 3 weeks later...

hi there,

i am now using your software and i found it really great, but there is a problem.

to me it seems that i can only browse through a few of the albums that i downloaded into the player.

let say i downloaded 16 albums altogether but when i can only see 10 albums in it.

but the funny thing is i can still play the songs in the 11th album but i have to keep skipping

the songs till i get to the 11 album cause i can only browse through around all the 10 albums.

can i know what is my problem here?

Hi eremywhd,

hi there,

i am now using your software and i found it really great, but there is a problem.

to me it seems that i can only browse through a few of the albums that i downloaded into the player.

let say i downloaded 16 albums altogether but when i can only see 10 albums in it.

but the funny thing is i can still play the songs in the 11th album but i have to keep skipping

the songs till i get to the 11 album cause i can only browse through around all the 10 albums.

can i know what is my problem here?

Thanks for the info, we'll check that problem

Patrick

Hello Pat i have a NW-E505 and i also use a mac osx and i have been thru hell. i cant use sonicstage and i have all old songs stuck on my mp3 player. i downloaded your file manager and it works on my mac osx but i cant seem to put any songs on the player. it wont delete or add anything so iam stuck. i do have the omg files and i have some java 10 i believe so i dont know what the problem is. do you think you could help me im in need of rescue thank you

Cwebb

Hello!

I have a NW-E103, so i can use the sony's software, but I would use my mp3 player in Linux. Is your NW-E00X Mp3 File Manager compatible with my NW-E103?

Do you know another way to use it in Linux without a virtual machine?

I you want Nw-E103's OMGAUDIO folders send me an e-mail, please.

Thanks.

P.S. Exuseme for my bad English. I'm Italian. :D

Edited by fabiok

Hi,

I know this has already been asked fairly recently but I thought I'd try again as i'm desperate! I have a SONY NW-E405 and the computers I use are a Linux Fedora Core 4 and an Apple Mac so I can't run the Sonic Stage software. I've tried running this software on my linux box in the hope that it might work but when I press the 'write' button I get the error :

"java.io.FileNotFoundException: ./omgaudio/03GINF03.DAT (File exists)"

I'm guessing this is due to differing OMGAUDIO files / encryption formats which Patrick mentioned for models not of the NW-E00x type . However, I wanted to ask if there was any other software or anything at all around which I can use to transfer files onto it? It was a present so I can't return it... I've also managed to delete my original OMGAUDIO/ directory (not very clever I know) when installing this software so don't think that even if I get hold of a windows machine I can use the Sonic Stage now. Ooops!

Many thanks

Hi! I'm really annoyed with my Sony NW-E003F but more so the software that comes with it and it seems everyone is having a problem with SonicStage. My last resort is this program but I can't install it..I don't konw where to start.

My first problem is when I download the .jar folder it turns into a .zip folder? Is this supposed to happen? From there I have no idea how to go about installing it..so if you could help me out thanks! I've seen http://david.dw-perspective.org.uk/Sony-NW...MacOSX-etc.html as well but I'm a bit lost in it too...

I had the same problem as posted earlier in this discussion...

"On the 9th Jan, I downloaded the following zip file "NW-E00X_MP3_File_Manager-0.12.zip 246 KB WinZip File". I then unzipped the file but did not recognise any of the files in the zip file ie I was expecting to see a .jar file.

Today, I tried another download and downloaded "NW-E00X_MP3_File_Manager-0.12.jar 246 KB Executable Jar File"."

Therefore, I suggest you re-try the download as I did.

Hi c_webb84

Hello Pat i have a NW-E505 and i also use a mac osx and i have been thru hell. i cant use sonicstage and i have all old songs stuck on my mp3 player. i downloaded your file manager and it works on my mac osx but i cant seem to put any songs on the player. it wont delete or add anything so iam stuck. i do have the omg files and i have some java 10 i believe so i dont know what the problem is. do you think you could help me im in need of rescue thank you

Cwebb

The 505 is not currently supported because the titles are encrypted. But we are working on it... sorry!

Patrick Balleux

Hi fabiok,

Hello!

I have a NW-E103, so i can use the sony's software, but I would use my mp3 player in Linux. Is your NW-E00X Mp3 File Manager compatible with my NW-E103?

Do you know another way to use it in Linux without a virtual machine?

I you want Nw-E103's OMGAUDIO folders send me an e-mail, please.

Thanks.

P.S. Exuseme for my bad English. I'm Italian. :D

It is a Java application so you need the runtime. The idea was that it would work whatever the OS is installed.

And, I am not sure, but I think that the 103 is not supported because titles needs to be encrypted on that series.

Patrick Balleux

Hi cam36

Hi,

I know this has already been asked fairly recently but I thought I'd try again as i'm desperate! I have a SONY NW-E405 and the computers I use are a Linux Fedora Core 4 and an Apple Mac so I can't run the Sonic Stage software. I've tried running this software on my linux box in the hope that it might work but when I press the 'write' button I get the error :

"java.io.FileNotFoundException: ./omgaudio/03GINF03.DAT (File exists)"

I'm guessing this is due to differing OMGAUDIO files / encryption formats which Patrick mentioned for models not of the NW-E00x type . However, I wanted to ask if there was any other software or anything at all around which I can use to transfer files onto it? It was a present so I can't return it... I've also managed to delete my original OMGAUDIO/ directory (not very clever I know) when installing this software so don't think that even if I get hold of a windows machine I can use the Sonic Stage now. Ooops!

Many thanks

To my knowledge, there is nothing else for now. The is one software made by Dr.Void (Google for it) that runs under Windows and I think that it can be run with Wine, but I am not really sure...

As for your Error you got, it looks like you cannot delete the file so maybe you do not have access in WRITE to that folder (device).

Patrick Balleux

Hello.

I tested this software on my NW-E103. The install proceded without any error. I copy a song on my mp3 player using NW-E00X Mp3 File Manager. OK! But when I try to listen musyc the display of Nw-E103 says "MG ERROR". :excl:

What's my problem? :sad:

Bye.

As I mentionned, you player is requesting an encrypted title and NW-E00x Mp3 File Manager does not support encryption yet.

That's why the player give you this error.

Hi suwii!

Hi! I'm really annoyed with my Sony NW-E003F but more so the software that comes with it and it seems everyone is having a problem with SonicStage. My last resort is this program but I can't install it..I don't konw where to start.

My first problem is when I download the .jar folder it turns into a .zip folder? Is this supposed to happen? From there I have no idea how to go about installing it..so if you could help me out thanks! I've seen http://david.dw-perspective.org.uk/Sony-NW...MacOSX-etc.html as well but I'm a bit lost in it too...

Sorry for the late replay, but I just got out of a minor surgery so I was out for a few weeks...

A .JAR file is actually a ZIP file. That is why you're seeing it as a ZIP. Linuxes and Macs look at the mime type of a file instead of it's extention like Windows. This is why you cannot fool a Linux/Mac user with Pamella_Nude.jpg.exe :)

Anyway, enough Win bashing...

What you need to do is copy the JAR file on your player (at the root of the player, at the same place as the OMGAUDIO folder).

Then, to start it manually, you have to execute "java -jar NW-E00xMp3Manager.jar"

You can start it in a bash file (batch file, command file, whatever) that you will put at the same place.

I don't have a MAC so it is hard for me to give you the exact steps but it should be as in linux...

Make sure that in a console, you can execute Java...

Becarefull because I think MACs are case sensitive.

Also, ask around how to start a JAR file with your mouse (google...)

Let me know if you were able to make it work (I know it is working, somebody in another forum confirmed that is was working well)

Oh, yeah, make sure you hava java 1.5 installed ( Java 5.0) : Go to http://www.java.sun

Patrick Balleux

hi..i'm new here n from malaysia....

just try to help,when you get the .jar file and its turn to zip folder..dont unzip the file

just rename format file from .zip to .jar

after install java runtime u can use jar file with double click...

soorry my engish very2 poor...

Hi Patrick!

OK all I've managed to do is transfer the OMGAUDIO (downloaded version) and the NW-E00xMp3_File_Manager-0.12 zip file into my player. So how do i 'run' the jar file. What do I do to run it? As in how do i 'execute'? Sorry but I'm not exactly a pro at this thing...*sigh*

Thanks a lot for your help!

I wasn't able to install. This is the error I got:

/usr/local/java/jre1.5.0_11/bin/java -jar NW-E00X_MP3_File_Manager-0.12.jar Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.awt.HeadlessException:

No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which requires it.

at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Window.<init>(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(Unknown Source)

at org.naurd.media.nwe00xmp3filemanager.NWE003MP3Manager.<init>(NWE003MP3Manager.java:51)

at org.naurd.media.nwe00xmp3filemanager.NWE003MP3Manager$47.run(NWE003MP3Manager.java:2018)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Hi xunil,

This is a swing appliction and requires X to run... I assume that you are running under Linux. Your problem is that you are not able to start a GUI java application because your JRE is not able to talk to the X display.

Could you tell me that you start the application inside a terminal and not from the TTY0 ...

Patrick

I wasn't able to install. This is the error I got:

/usr/local/java/jre1.5.0_11/bin/java -jar NW-E00X_MP3_File_Manager-0.12.jar Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.awt.HeadlessException:

No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which requires it.

at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Window.<init>(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(Unknown Source)

at org.naurd.media.nwe00xmp3filemanager.NWE003MP3Manager.<init>(NWE003MP3Manager.java:51)

at org.naurd.media.nwe00xmp3filemanager.NWE003MP3Manager$47.run(NWE003MP3Manager.java:2018)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Hi suwii,

Could anyone help me with my problem? How do you actually execute or run the file? Do I have to do command prompt or something?

A lot have already been said in that forum about how to install NWE00xMp3Manager.

the command line is : java -jar NWE00xMp3FileManager.jar.

You must execute from the player. If you are in Windows, double-clic on the Jar.

Patrick