Digital Link Manager For Lissa

Rate this topic

cosmolv

Hi, i seen here that some of you have great knowledge to rewrite existing apps, or whatewer you do to them. 
can some patch  "Digital Link Manager For Lissa" for Windows 7 ? It has problems to add AVC drivers. it find them, but cannot install. I disabled Digital Signature, but it says, that it cannot install these drivers This is software for it.  https://files.fm/u/cn5nxrdw 

It works like SonicStage, but has specially designed for Lissa and that's my setup. I really like it, because it can allow hi quality digital transfer in 48 Khz to MiniDisc and it has the best quality i ever heard from MiniDisc records. So i really appreciate if someone can make some Software adjustments.
IMG_4864.thumb.JPG.7134e28313d9146c15c7cf048d58a8d9.JPG

guaranteed these drivers (from the age of Lissa) will not work with Win64

you will have to hook up either:

WinXP (assumed 32 bits) or Win7-32 (there are indeed win10-32 installations around as well)

OR:

a Virtual XP under Win 7 (a freebie from MSFT) which will be 32 bits. In this case you install the drivers by a weird process and you have to connect the drivers to the virtual machine each time you start Virtual XP. This is, for example, the only way to run M-Crew which relies on 32- bit drivers.

We don't worry so much about SonicStage under Win64 because we have drivers.

I have Win 7-32bit version, even not bother to x64 and on Windows XP there also are messups with this software. Sometimes it runs, sometimes not. Sometimes freezing. On Win 7 it opens up well and not freezing. So i assume, if it is possible to port somehow this application or change something in drivers maybe it can be stable on Windows 7 (just thinking) 

Sorry no clue. You should try the virtual win32 version as it may be more stable, if it runs.

Some other things to try:

- compatibility mode for application
- turn OFF UAC
- turn OFF DEP
- have less than 3GB memory in machine (real or virtual) so PAE is not involved
- check BIOS for odd settings to do with memory remapping
- check Sony manual and website for comments about compatibility
- connect with different kinds of USB (1.1, 2.0 and 3.0)
- check with DEPView to see status of all devices under USB mounted and non-mounted
- go into devMgr, turn on hidden devices, and clean up the device map ('m sure you've already done this).

21 hours ago, sfbp said:

Sorry no clue. You should try the virtual win32 version as it may be more stable, if it runs.

Some other things to try:

- compatibility mode for application
- turn OFF UAC
- turn OFF DEP
- have less than 3GB memory in machine (real or virtual) so PAE is not involved
- check BIOS for odd settings to do with memory remapping
- check Sony manual and website for comments about compatibility
- connect with different kinds of USB (1.1, 2.0 and 3.0)
- check with DEPView to see status of all devices under USB mounted and non-mounted
- go into devMgr, turn on hidden devices, and clean up the device map ('m sure you've already done this).

Forgot about USB and SonicStage =)  Sony Lissa don't use USB - it uses Firewire connection - all decks are built like computer (daisy chained by firewire) . Only option are Windows 98, but there are problem. I do not have Win98 PC or even don't have drivers for it to support My PC on Win98. Minimum is Windows XP. I tryed out Virtual win32 years ago, it not even allow to run it on virtual - problems with Firewire <-> Lissa comunication on virtual are too complicated. The only way are patching drivers and Lissa software. All units have digital communication with each other. Lissa software transfer songs in hi-Quality 48 Khz at 24 bit i don't know if SonicStage are capable of that. =)
trying to do these two, waht you suggested. 
- turn OFF UAC
- turn OFF DEP

Lissa_iLink.jpg.8ed6f72d10299cd94ab5acb86de9731f.jpg

Looks like it's installing generic AVC drivers instead of your Sony ones.

What about the FW interface on your PC? That seems to be crucial. You (maybe) need to uninstall the generic (microsoft) drivers for FW (1394) and AVC and replace with the ones a. for your FW hardware b. from Sony for Lissa. Can you disable the onboard 1394 and buy a card which works? Such as:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ali-1394-Card-4-Firewire-Ports-P-N-14122000-PC25/173872399700?epid=1756477557

or

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PCIE-PCI-E-Firewire-IEEE-1394-3-Port-PCI-Express-Card-6pin-9pin-Adapter-for-PC/390695346024

depending on the bus socket you have to use.

• 5 months later...
On 5/4/2019 at 1:50 PM, sfbp said:

Looks like it's installing generic AVC drivers instead of your Sony ones.

What about the FW interface on your PC? That seems to be crucial. You (maybe) need to uninstall the generic (microsoft) drivers for FW (1394) and AVC and replace with the ones a. for your FW hardware b. from Sony for Lissa. Can you disable the onboard 1394 and buy a card which works? Such as:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ali-1394-Card-4-Firewire-Ports-P-N-14122000-PC25/173872399700?epid=1756477557

or

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PCIE-PCI-E-Firewire-IEEE-1394-3-Port-PCI-Express-Card-6pin-9pin-Adapter-for-PC/390695346024

depending on the bus socket you have to use.

Installed back Windows XP and all working fine.