HD5 not compatible with SonicStage!?

Rate this question

no_alibi

Question

I think this may be a problem with my unit as opposed to SS Software, so I'm posting this here.

The other night, with no warning, SS CP stopped co-operating with my HD5. It said that the device isn't compatible with this version of SonicStage. Which of course is nonsense, and I'd been using it a few moments before to transfer tracks.

I uninstalled CP and reinstalled 3.2. I have the same error message, and it is telling me I need to reinitialize the device. This would be a real pain, as for space reasons I haven't kept most of my tunes in SS and would need to re-rip my CDs etc.

Also, in My Computer in XP, the icon for the HD5 has been replaced by a generic Windows icon. And when I have my unit connected to the PC, the PC almost grinds to a halt if I try to navigate in Windows Explorer.

Anyone any ideas why this is? And is there anyway around it other than reinitializing the device?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Try installing the Asian or South-Asian version of SonicStage CP.

That solved my initialization problems. I don't know if you'll be able to access the CONNECT music store however.

I had the same problems with an NWHD1 before I installed the Asian version of SonicStage CP.

Hey no_alibi,

I don't know if this will work or not, but have you tried to plug the player into a different USB slot?