Hi all I just bought a E005F

Rate this question

blur5e

Question

hi all

i'm from HK

just bought a black E005F

one thing about it is that it takes sooooo long to transfer songs into the player

SonicStage is not as bad as many others point out (im now using 4.0)

as i heard most others are put off by this software when they come to choosing an MP3 player

i think in some ways it's better than iTunes!

i have some questions

1. for how long should i charge the battery for the first time?

2. which ATRAC is the best?

thanks in advance for ur help

12 answers to this question

Hi Blur5e and welcome to Atraclife! I would charge it for approx. 3-4 hours to begin with and a 3 min charge will give you 3 hours of playback. Obviously you want a happy medium when it comes to putting the music on your player, a compromise between quality and not using up too much space. Personally I wouldn't record at 48 or 64 kbps as the quality at that level isn't too great, but I wouldn't record at 256 kbps or above either as you would use up too much space on your device. Go for something in between. Does it support USB 2.0? if not that may be the reason why it is too slow. Also your pc may not support USB 2.0. Good luck with your new purchase and enjoy!

3 hrs still seems like too long, even with USB 1.x. Are you transcoding (converting bitrates) your files that are copied to the E005F? Transcoding will take a long time. If you make sure that "Delete converted files" is NOT checked under advanced transfer settings, then you will only have to transcode each song only once. The next time you transfer those songs, it should be faster. The downside is those converted files take up space on your hard drive.

I'm not too sure about your model but quite a few sony models support mp3 file manager. If you have some mp3 files you can download this program onto your player, not your pc and it will allow you to drag and drop mp3 files onto your player. Even without usb 2.0 it is quite quick. :)

I also bought the Sony NW-E005F - it is absolutely fantastic! :D

Hated the Sonicstage software (I prefer Media Player 11) and downloaded VoidMP3FM, it works a real treat and works the same as my MuVo TX. The big difference being that I had to buy a new AAA battery for my MuVo every week, whereas with the Sony I don't need batteries anymore - hooray!! Also, the battery life on the E005F is superb.

The FM tuner is very good, get better reception and sound with it than with my MuVo.

My first MuVo was USB 1.1 and it took a long time to fill up 128MB - scary? The Sony is USB 2, my pc supports it and it doesn't take long to fill up 2GB... :excl:

kingrob, dont u have volume problem with your player?

I don't think Kingrob will face that kind of problem b'oz He must have bought his player in South Africa (After reading his profile ) & Volume Limitation only exists in European bought units .