Please help

Rate this topic

Please I am unable to connect mz-rh1 to pc. although i have been using it without any problems for years with sonic stage, now i am doing anything to connect it with pc, i cannot. the system wont do anything. pc does not recognize it at any case. the only thing that happens is that the minidisc shows "charging"... can anyone possibly write me what to do? thank you. i have been using lates version of sonic stage. i have tried to install drivers both for net md and personal audio, non of it does anything. no shows up on device manager nor printers and devices. nada. any help? thank you

Edited by robertfuchs

We need details. Your post says the equivalent of "I don't know how to ski down the mountain. Please help me". Well, to solve that problem we'd need to know which mountain, how good a skiier (and your skis) you are, and so on and on....

Computer
Type of disk inserted in the RH1
Version of Windows, and bitness (32- or 64-)
Driver installed

We also need to know full details of the last system which DID work, and how your current setup differs. I could speculate endlessly, but perhaps the most likely thing has to do with a change in Windows version. Most likely you need one of the drivers from our downloads section. We can tell you which one when you give us some details.

As I suspected, you need the same NetMD driver as everybody else, the first or second in the downloads link at the top of the page. However, I am mildly surprised this interfered with the 1GB disk, since it uses no drivers at all (other than what's already in every copy of Windows). It is possible you will need to UNinstall some existing NetMD drivers, but I wouldn't worry about that until we are completely stuck. To get the NetMD driver installed you can read elsewhere how it is necessary to turn off driver signing for long enough to install the files you get here. Unfortunately we are not able to attest to being Sony, and signing the driver with some other identifier (as suggested by one bright spark) leaves whoever trusts THAT identifier as open to malware from it. So we're stuck with overriding the security for just long enough to install (and then after a reboot it reverts but the driver is now working).

Welcome to our community!

I zapped your second user, no need for a fresh user for each and every post, thankyou.