I am looking for a highly specific disc, and I feel this may be the best place to ask.

Rate this topic

Wickn

Hello Sony Insider forum.

I'm looking for help so I can find a certain, and very specific, kind of minidisc, which i hope you can help me find.

The minidisc I'm looking for looks like this: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Minidisc.jpeg The image dates back to 2009.

As you can see, it's a very generic looking disc, which makes it hard for me to identify. Reverse image search brings me to a SONY MD80, although this doesn't look the exact way I want it to.

I'm looking for this disc specifically, because it was used as an album cover, for an unreleased album. I want to have the novelty of "owning" the album. At least a look-alike. 

My extend of the search is very limited, as you can see, but that's because I'm inexperienced in the area. 

Any help is highly appreciated, and I thank you for your time.

51 minutes ago, kgallen said:

I'm not from the US, but location doesn't matter in this case. I'm from Denmark. Added my location just in case though.

Since I first posted this, I did manage to find more information.

I had some friends who was nice enough to help me search, who found a Flickr page of someone who was very interested in MiniDiscs. Looked through his collection, he had near exactly the one I was looking for. I shot him a message. The disc which looks almost exactly like it is the Muji 80 MD. Link to the image here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytilston/12484685743/

Right now I'm waiting for the Flickr user to answer me back. If anyone here is able to find additional information, that'd be massively helpful still. 

I will update this thread as time goes on, as I find new information.

Edited by Wickn
Typos

If it all goes south, and I can't find what I'm looking for, I may have to settle for that one. I'm very picky about this though, since I want it to be so close to the original as possible. Most notably, it's missing the ripples to the left of the Disc. 

I'll be saving this just in case though, thanks a lot!

On 12/3/2019 at 2:08 PM, kgallen said:

Your Muji page gave me a 404...

19 hours ago, PhilippeC said:

I bought 500 MD blanks to Sergio Scotto, the owner of Crazy For Minidisc

Tell him what a great website very informative and considering it's oner person who set it up what a great feat.

Hey does that mean you sell blank discs?