We are alive and well here, are we not?

Rate this topic

bluecrab

• 6 months later...

Just to cheer you up here is the first of three pages of Viola jokes:

https://www.mit.edu/~jcb/viola-jokes.html

and while we're about it has anyone discovered Byrdle? The reason this came to mind is that my starting guess is always V-I-O-L-A-S (lots of vowels).

Happy New Year to one and all.

Does anyone have experience of converting a live windoze boot disk to GPT (after i discovered i cannot use the rest of the drive, period)?

It's good to be back.

Hadn't heard of Byrdle before but got today's in four, using VIOLAS as my starting point. This was before I read the bit about it being choral related 🤦‍♂️ TBH, I don't think I would have it got it at all if I'd been trying musical words 😂

No idea re the boot disc, sfbp, but hopefully someone might be able to help.

13 hours ago, BearBoy said:

Hey @Richard, good to see you've found your way back 🙂

And a big thanks to @Christopher for getting things back up and running 👍

Ditto.

Finding SIF works on Chrome on iPhone11, Firefox on Win10 but won't resolve ("This site can't be reached") on Chrome on Win10 (maybe I need to clear the cache or something?).

13 hours ago, kgallen said:

Ditto.

Finding SIF works on Chrome on iPhone11, Firefox on Win10 but won't resolve ("This site can't be reached") on Chrome on Win10 (maybe I need to clear the cache or something?).

Might depend on your internet configuration. Mine is always playing up because it switches all the time. In this case you may need to

"C:\>IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS"

(the prompt and the quotes are illustrative and not meant to be entered by you)

4 hours ago, Richard said:

I was able to login on Chrome on the laptop, but needed to clear the cache for that site and allow unsecure content

That's worked for me too, thanks @Richard. In case anyone is like me and didn't know how to clear the data for an individual site in Chrome, I found some instructions here: https://www.howtogeek.com/664912/how-to-clear-storage-and-site-data-for-a-single-site-on-google-chrome/

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BearBoy said:

That's worked for me too, thanks @Richard. In case anyone is like me and didn't know how to clear the data for an individual site in Chrome, I found some instructions here: https://www.howtogeek.com/664912/how-to-clear-storage-and-site-data-for-a-single-site-on-google-chrome/

Thanks! - Sorry I should have explained the steps better 🙈

23 hours ago, BearBoy said:

I've got it working on Safari on my iPhone now:

I went to: Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data and then deleted the website data for sonyinsider.com

This only seems to be a temporary fix, unfortunately. I've had to repeat the process a couple of times after the "Safari cannot open the page. The error was: "FetchEvent.respondWith received an error: TypeError: Load Failed"." error message returned.

Anyone had any joy with a permanent fix for iPhone/Safari?

I can't believe the forum is back again! Every time it disappears I think 'oh well thst's it, Sony are determined to get rid of all traces of MiniDisc including us enthusiasts'. I honestly thought it had gone for good this time.

Hello again!

Ah yes, Byrdle - I do that and I haven't yet failed to get one. But then I am a musician, and run two choirs as part of my musical activities.

There's also Birdle (with an I) where you have to guess the bird (feathered variety).

Oh and by the way I'm here via Safari, works for me.

EDIT: I've just been informed by the forum that I've won a 'badge' for 'First Post' - that's hilarious considering I've been posting since I joined in 2007!

• 4 months later...
Seems like we had a weird blip yesterday.

Anyone else still having issues today? Seems a bit hit and miss whether I get into the site or diverted to some weird "sponsor" page. Have tried clearing cache etc but it's still intermittently happening (this is across multiple devices and browsers).

7 hours ago, BearBoy said:

Seems like we had a weird blip yesterday.

Anyone else still having issues today? Seems a bit hit and miss whether I get into the site or diverted to some weird "sponsor" page. Have tried clearing cache etc but it's still intermittently happening (this is across multiple devices and browsers).

I haven't noticed anything from my side. I generally check the forum once a day or so for the last week. I'm using Chrome on my laptop

It seemed to go a bit wonky, for a few of us at least, about 19:00 ish (UK time) on Wednesday. We were getting diverted to a different site when trying to access the forum. @sfbp reached out to @Christopher, who got it sorted by the following morning.

I was still having a few issues but they seem to have all cleared up now. Probably a lingering cache or something issue my end.