Accessories for MZ-N910

Rate this topic

Stachu

Hi guys, I'm about to test another N710 vs. Stefano's UI. I just bought it on a Polish "eBay" called Allegro for like 35 EUR, no USB craddle nor external batt holder but in a perfect shape and with its original remote. I should get it in ca. 2 days and I'll report back with results.

I was also lucky to find Yamaha MD4S for approx. 40 EUR - like brand new. No LP supported but it'll be great to play SP discs on it and I'll use it for my amateur radio station as a mixer, too.

Hi @kris01

Could you tell me please what are N910's serial numbers of the external batt craddle and the remote? It's likely I'll be able to exchange purchased N710 to N910 without any extra cost but it comes without these accessories and I'll be looking for them at eBay.

@all Have a good day, guys :-)
Stan

According to the Service Manual for the MZ-N910, the AA battery case is part number 1-251-895-11

I can't find the Service Manual for the MZ-N710 on MiniDisc.org but have got both players so will dig the cases out later and see if they are the same/have any reference numbers on.

I dug out the battery case for my MZ-N710 and the only number marked on it is on the inside of the hinged lid: 1-251-895

Need to do a bit more digging to find the one that came with my MZ-N910 but the MZ-N710 one fits and works so I am guessing they are possibly identical.

Haven't found the battery case for my MZ-N910 yet but the ones for my MZ-E909 and MZ-E501 are the same as the one that came with my MZ-N710 (including the same reference number 1-251-895 inside the lid).

Looks like Sony used the same case across lots of different models.

1 hour ago, BearBoy said:

The remote controls are:

• MZ-N910 - RM-MC33EL
  • MZ-N710 - RM-MC33L

As far as I can ascertain they are identical except for the colour (EL is silver, L is black).

Doh. There is one major difference between the two, aside from the colour. The silver EL version is back lit whereas the black L version isn't. They do appear to be interchangeable though.

16 minutes ago, BearBoy said:

Doh. There is one major difference between the two, aside from the colour. The silver EL version is back lit whereas the black L version isn't. They do appear to be interchangeable though.

Ok so I better get the EL one ;-) TNX!

11 hours ago, Stachu said:

Hi @kris01

Could you tell me please what are N910's serial numbers of the external batt craddle and the remote? It's likely I'll be able to exchange purchased N710 to N910 without any extra cost but it comes without these accessories and I'll be looking for them at eBay.

@all Have a good day, guys :-)
Stan

Sorry for late answer but i don't have external batt cradly and original remote.

Hi guys, testing Yamaha's MD4S - the multitrack MD recorder from 1999 (I believe) with Sony's WH-1000X-M3 headphones. I'm surprised. Althought it comes with rather old version of ATRAC and only SP mode for audio MDs, it sounds fantastic. Sometimes better than SPs played back on my RH1 - especially in terms of some spacious stereo experience. I'm surprised because it was extremely cheap LOL.

I really wanted an MD based multi-track recorder back in the 90s to replace my Fostex cassette based one. Couldn't afford one at the time though and they quickly got superseded by HDD based ones, one of which I ended up buying a few years later.

Have you got any plans to get any MD Data discs and try out 4 track recording?