Retardation (im not de-authorizing my pc)

Rate this question

fadigt

Question

7 answers to this question

Welcome to sonicstage hell. That's your reward for being a Sony fanboy. :D

Try downloading the Asian version of sonicstage from http://www.atraclife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7

Some users said Asian/JP version doesn't have the re-initializing problem.

I have an NW-HD3 with about 11gigs used up, and I authorized this computer i'm using now. I had to reformat and now Sonic Stage is asking me to de-authorize my pc, which will delete all my tracks, and authorize it again. There must be a fix, or Sony will lose a fanboy lol.

Hey fadigt,

Welcome to ATRACLife Colloquium, hope you enjoy your stay :)

After reading your post a few times, I'm still a little confused. Are you using it on ONE computer or two computers? From the way you said it, it sounded like you have one computer, and you had to reformat it. Did you mean that sonicstage is asking you to reinitialize the player before you can use it again on the computer that you had to format and reinstall sonicstage on?

Also, what country are you in? Appearantly different countries have different usage rights..

EDIT

I forgot to mention.. when you De-Authorize your PC, the files still stay there, you just can't play them because you dont have the license to. After Re-Authorizing it, and obtaining the proper licenses, you should be able to play em. So if you're worried about losing your files when you de-authorize your computer, don't worry, they shouldn't go anywhere..

And I think this only happens with songs bought off Connect. If you ripped em yourself and disabled the copy protection, the songs should still be able to play if you de-authorize the computer

Edited by aznbro85

Well said ,Pata :lol::lol::lol:

I guess I'm just a part of the handfull of SonicStage users who don't have any problems with the software.. :blink:

I guess I'm just a part of the handfull of SonicStage users who don't have any problems with the software.. :blink:

Neither do I. In fact, I never have any serious problems (crashes, etc) since OpenMG jukebox. MD/HiMD and my E99 are free from the re-initializing problem. My only grudge against Sonicstage is the fact it is not unicode compliant (see sig).