Sony TA-AX435 integrated stereo amplifier

Rate this question

PCLLLC

Question

14 answers to this question

Sony_TA-AX_430_SM.pdf

Here is the SM of the TA-AX 430.

These models are very similar, the front panel is nearly identical on the two. Features and actual schematics may differ somewhat, but at least the description of the front/back controls/connections as well as some of the specifications of the 430 may give an idea on the 435 too.

Rest is lost in the past of the internet (if ever existed, given the young age of the internet vs. the age of these "ancient" HiFi equipment).

I was feeling a crazy, I saw pictures of them online but that was about it. I have seen down loads of a poorly copied service manual, I am just wanting the users manual so I know all the hook ups. I have been lucky so far, I pick these components up at thrift and goodwill stores for 25 dollars in fantastic shape. A receiver STR-DE935 that came with the RM-LJ302 remote, CD Player CDP-C245  and now this Amp. All have worked and the remote has worked on all. I just look to make sure they have rca jacks.

2 hours ago, PCLLLC said:

I was feeling a crazy, I saw pictures of them online but that was about it. I have seen down loads of a poorly copied service manual, I am just wanting the users manual so I know all the hook ups. I have been lucky so far, I pick these components up at thrift and goodwill stores for 25 dollars in fantastic shape. A receiver STR-DE935 that came with the RM-LJ302 remote, CD Player CDP-C245  and now this Amp. All have worked and the remote has worked on all. I just look to make sure they have rca jacks.

Now you made me curious, what hook ups you are looking for. This is just a PA from '85, so nothing fancy there: CD, Tuner, Tape, Phono, Speakers A/B, and so on. Yes, there are RCA jacks.

Would you mind posting some good photos here of the 435, i.e., front and back panels? Then we can help you with the hook ups.

(BTW: if you looked at the SM I posted above, this is definitely not that poorly copied version, but actually a very good one. Page 3 and 4 should give you quite enough information.)

Thanks for the photos. The back panel is the same as in the SM, except for the switched AC outlets on the 430.

The 435 does not have the switched AC outlets, so propably this one was the US model, and the 430 is the AEP, G-AEP model. If this naming stands, then the schematics in the SM should cover your model too, with the AEP,G-AEP/US differentiation, where noted/applicable.

From here I think it is very straightforward, how to make the connections with your other devices. Great to see these vintage stuff in nice condtion and still kicking.

51 minutes ago, PCLLLC said:

If all my components have rca jacks do I ever need the system control cables?

Not really, unless you have all the other components from the same family and you want to take advantage of other features - i.e., autosensing the active device, synchro recording from CD, system standby/power down, etc.

You can connect any devices via the RCA jacks that have matching input/output impedance and signal levels (sensitivity).

And, as usual (except for the Phono jacks), you can even mix these inputs. Say you wanted to connect 3 MD decks to this amp, you could equally use the Tuner, Tape, CD or Video audio inputs - all you need to do is to remember which button on the front panel switches to which device of the three.

5 hours ago, NGY said:

propably this one was the US model, and the 430 is the AEP, G-AEP model. If this naming stands

OK, it seems my assumption was not correct. It is more complicated than that. There existed a US model of the 430 with a switched AC output:

TA-AX430US_back.thumb.jpg.0830899a0abc7ce018e371eb7195c5c9.jpg

So it's rather the other way around: the 430 did have the AC outlet(s) and the 435 did not - similarly for the AEP, G-AEP and US versions.

(Or, simply the 435 was the JP version?)

Thanks again for the help. I'm going to try the rca options. And yes it was made in japan, all the components were made in japan. I have had fantastic results from any vintage audio equipment made there. I also have the possibility to purchase the tc-we475 and the PS-X7. Are they good components? The PS-X7 is a little pricey compared to the other items I have run across. Your knowledge and opinions is very helpful.