Help with Bluetooth issues

Rate this question

s0nginmyheart

Question

Hi all, using a Vaio T Series Ultrabook ("vintage"?!), with Windows 10. A quick google seach shows that there were some issues disabling the bluetooth function between Win 7 and Win 10 updates. However, I haven't been able to find a fix and hoping someone can help. 

Current BT items listed in Device Manager: 

1. Bluetooh Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)
  2. Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator
  3. Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator
  4. Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth (R) Adapter

I can confirm that BT used to work (had speakers and headphones connected). Tried recently pairing a new pair of headphones just to test out and couldn't get anything to connect, even with any of the previous devices paired. 

Appreciate any guidance, links to proper drivers, etc. Thanks!

1 answer to this question

This is emphatically not a PC forum, and those of us who do know about PCs (myself included) know next to nothing about VAIO PCs and have never had one in their hands.

Having said that, I am aware of similar issues in the land of Lenovo/W10.

Initially I had the same problem but one day it started working just fine.

You MIGHT try installing W7 bluetooth support over top of whatever you have, assuming their bitness is the same (32- or 64-) between the two setups. Certainly a number of other drivers (not BT) have worked for me "upgrading" to W10 from W7.

Your alternative is to try and get a patched version of W7. It ***is*** possible. Let your fingers do the walking, no point in posting links here.