Jillako's NW-S205F Pictorial-Review

Rate this topic

Thanks, ChevySony. I am new to the forums here and was browsing some of the other posts about the S200 series when I found these links in a post by member dark24

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20060908/dev162.htm

This page has some really useful pictures of the unit (much better photography than mine :) )

You can see the base and how it opens up to reveal the mini-USB connector. Also you can see the player compared to a MD remote and an iPod Nano.

The contents of the package seem different from mine and must be different for the Japanese market. I think the headphones in the Japanese package seem to be better than the US ones. The cord on the US ones is far too long and it does not fit my ears well at all. Also, the belt clip sort of attachment seems useful but it is not included in the US package. I hope I can buy it as a separate accessory.

Also, dark24 posted this page too http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20060831/sony.htm

I am also interested in the neck cord shown on that page (STP-NWN2). Hopefully, that will be available in the US soon too. :)

I'm no expert but it's not bad. The RH1 does sound better (I feel it has more clear distinction of notes) but the S205F holds its own against other flash or HD players I've tried. One difference I noticed quite easily - there is some ambient sound (noise, like small hiss) in the background with the S205F. When the unit is on and not playing music, the RH1 is absolutely silent, whereas with the S205F said noise can be heard easily. Harder to notice when playing loud music (as I am wont to do :) ) but you know it's there.