new pc on the way

Rate this topic

paulsrje

best and most reliable is to do a SS backup to xternal HD, then restore to new installation

Before you do ANY of that, make certain you deprotect all your tracks by running the File Conversion Tool. That way the raw files CAN be imported. If not, you're out of luck with that approach (file-by-file) and may never hear some of your music ever again.

Many thanks for the reply sfbp.

Took ages to get the drivers to update, then got excited to see Hi-Md show up!

Thought I'd cracked it but could not get it to change to net MD..I then realised I was using NH900 Hi Md unit that didn't need drivers!!

Hooked up a Mz n707 and it all worked smoothly.

Depends on the disk inserted. NH900 and all HiMD units will play both HiMD formatted and legacy-formatted (NetMD or MD) disks. You never need a driver for HiMD, you always need a driver for  legacy, even in a HiMD unit. If you got the N707 going (I am assuming  64-bit Windows) then the same driver will be needed that you just installed (that you got from our downloads sections).

On 2/23/2021 at 1:02 AM, sfbp said:

best and most reliable is to do a SS backup to xternal HD, then restore to new installation

Before you do ANY of that, make certain you deprotect all your tracks by running the File Conversion Tool. That way the raw files CAN be imported. If not, you're out of luck with that approach (file-by-file) and may never hear some of your music ever again.

That should be written in large letters. How many people have made the mistake of not doing that and find they have lost all their files.  This should be done as a matter of course periodically and never have encrypted files in Sonic Stage