SI:Sony Ericsson XPERIA X7 (WP7) “Leak” Feels Fake

Rate this question

Christopher

Question

http://www.sonyinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/xperiax7-450x243.png

The Internet is buzzing this morning about a random YouTube video that popped up that shows a quick spec sheet of two new Sony Ericsson Windows Phone 7 devices. The phones are called the XPERIA X7 and XPERIA X7 Mini, which are somewhat similar to the current XPERIA X10 and X10 Mini Android phones. While we have been expecting some sort of indication from SE about upcoming WP7 devices, we’re not exactly sure how credible these “leaked” devices appear to be.

There are several inconsistencies in the rumor that makes me scratch my head. The XPERIA X7 is labeled to have a 480×800 (WVGA) resolution and 4.3″ capacitive touchscreen. That all checks out and seems logical for a 2011 phone. The Qualcomm MSM8260 (1.2GHz) also seems in line with what will be commonplace for smartphones at that time. However, a problem arises when I see the 8.1 megapixel camera with HD (720p) video recording. I’ll explain why in a moment.

http://www.sonyinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/xperiax7mini-450x254.png

The XPERIA X7 Mini supposedly has a smaller capacitive touchscreen at 3.5″ (not very Mini), and a Qualcomm QSD8250 (1GHz) processor. Those two specifications seem reasonable. However, I tripped up when I saw that the X7 Mini will supposedly have a 10.1 megapixel camera (with 3x optical zoom), which is certainly more powerful than the regular X7. Furthermore, in the slide for the X7 Mini it has a rather noticeable typo: “Noise cancellation headphones budled.” Really? Hard to believe there would be a typo in a document like this.

I do want to reiterate that we expect some kind of word from Sony Ericsson about Windows Phone 7 devices, but we’re just not sure if these are going to be it. I wouldn’t expect the specifications of the real devices to be much different than what is presented here.

Here is the video that started it all:

[url={url}]View the full article[/url]

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet