Minidisc eBay finds

Rate this topic

M1JWR

and 470's also not far behind, the only cheap ones now are dare i say it the old not much cop ones, kevin has been quiet, wonder if he has been to the bank to take a mortgage out on that 555es, and use all of his other kit as collateral, you could buy a half decent car for that

• Richard changed the title to Minidisc eBay finds
11 hours ago, M1JWR said:

having said all that i missed a total bargain here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294421039472?hash=item448cdc8970:g:BowAAOSwSNFhUG5t

Ouch! How did that get past the radar? Might have had a punt on that! I've had a search logged on the 940 for a while now, but not seen anything come up at a half sensible price. I keep getting 930s and 980s. (930 looks a lovely deck but I'd want MDLP. 980 is probably lovely in truth, but I got put off that one when I saw how cheaply constructed the insides were. Probably just me being snobby...)

909 is a good quality portable. brushed aliminium and all that, got mine when they were cheap about 15 years ago, came with all the bits and some discs and i dont think it was much more than 20 quid for the lot.

as for 940's kevin a guy bought a remote for one on ebay recently for 50 quid, gives you an idea where they are at, but quality machine non the less.

ive bought 440/470's for 30 quid spares or repair, mostly its just the belt, a 980 for that is a total steal and still cheap even if you bought one of those (4), i mean 980 drives that are popping up, as 980's can go for lots of cash

I think I got lucky with my MXD-D4 - I don’t think he put the model number in the title, said ‘MD and CD combo’ or something like that. Other listings for this model have silly prices. I think I’ve been lucky with all my Sony MD purchases, I haven’t paid over £100 for any of them (including the ‘pro’ ones). Did pay £120 for my Tascam MD-350 a few years back and a very silly price for my first Tascam MD-CD1 as I was desperate for a dub solution - it was the first time I’d ever seen such a machine (know better now of course, partly through this forum).

I like the 3-line display on the 909 and the metal case is very nice. 🙂

I lie, my 770 was £107. Rest were max £80 I think. 

On 9/28/2021 at 10:33 PM, kgallen said:

I think I got lucky with my MXD-D4 - I don’t think he put the model number in the title, said ‘MD and CD combo’ or something like that. Other listings for this model have silly prices. I think I’ve been lucky with all my Sony MD purchases, I haven’t paid over £100 for any of them (including the ‘pro’ ones). Did pay £120 for my Tascam MD-350 a few years back and a very silly price for my first Tascam MD-CD1 as I was desperate for a dub solution - it was the first time I’d ever seen such a machine (know better now of course, partly through this forum).

I like the 3-line display on the 909 and the metal case is very nice. 🙂

I lie, my 770 was £107. Rest were max £80 I think. 

the 980 was 100 quid years ago, the other jb's were 35 to 60 quid all bar one spares or repair, well it was but in the end nowt wrong with it, a 940 owes me 100 quid as thats the one that was first and i learned what not to do with that, and the other shall i say more basic models were 15 to 35 quid again spares or repair including a 520 and s50 that i broke for spares as both were knackered on the outside. and around 250 quid for the 930 that i bought new 20 odd years ago which was sold to buy the 980 in around 2009.