Re: SonicStage CP 4.1

joeseptuk

Hi there,i just signed up to this site and looks like its the best thing I hve done in a long time

What is the direct link to get the 4.1 of SonicStage :unsure:

Welcome to the forum! :)

SonicStage CP 4.1 will likely be available for download on the week of October 21, 2006. Keep watch the blog for an announcement and this thread as well.

... and in a continuing mission to protect Americans from the evil of Kanji, Sony USA will continue to make kanji compatibility of Sonicstage as painful as possible, if not disabled entirely.

Welcome to the forum! :)

SonicStage CP 4.1 will likely be available for download on the week of October 21, 2006. Keep watch the blog for an announcement and this thread as well.

From all the weeks of all the years, its the week I don't have internet connection! :sad:

• 2 weeks later...

That may have been the most poetic thing about a Sony device I've ever read:

Something, being the small place,

Irregularity don't you think?

The impression which remains

Cannot wipe.

Seriously though, anyone who actually reads Japanese know if the original had anything interesting to say?

-Nav

Edited by navsimpson

probably has nothing that the owners of the old models would be interested in.. I don't think they made any performance improvements, just added some features for the new models.

Vista compatability is essential. That is what I need SS4.1 for.

Can anyone RIP the ISO that came with their new player. I can bittorrent it, if Sony can't be bothered to release it...

Dunno if it will help at all but..

Over at one of the MD forums, i forget which, ages ago when there was a new release SS that hadn't been made available for download generally (but was available from the Japanese site), there were instructions on how to extract the content of the installer and how to rebuild it/use the content to make it installable outside of a regionalised Windows install (aka not needing a Japanese copy of Windows).

Might be worth nipping over the one of the MD forums... you never know :P

'Tom Kat'

• 2 weeks later...

SonicStage 4.1 stops responding during transfer to my A3000 device...for every transfer. It does start up again on it's own, but the overall transfer experience is agonizingly slow. I didn't notice this with the newer S700 player.

It still transfers useless album art to A series players, which of course can't display album art.

The CD installation automatically uninstalls the previous version of SonicStage before installing the new one. Installation was pretty quick compared to a full fresh install of SonicStage 4.0

Edited by maxthrusters

Follow up to my post. I have installed it on top of 4.1, it installed fine, it has converted the database.

I can't say anything about the transfer speed, since I haven't transferred any files yet. I might go and start from scratch to see if it has any speed improvements.