What's wrong with my A3000 top 100 list?

Rate this topic

kdog

I switched from ConnectPlayer to SonicStage 4.0 a couple weeks ago. In general, it's a better piece of software, but I've noticed one big problem.

My entire music history still shows up in my A3000, but the top 100 list does not appear to reflect that history. In any case, the list is far different from what it was under ConnectPlayer, and the new list includes songs I've barely listened to.

I really enjoyed building up my top 100 list so I'm a bit bummed about this.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does SonicStage use a different method to compile top 100 list? Does anybody know how to fix?

I switched from ConnectPlayer to SonicStage 4.0 a couple weeks ago. In general, it's a better piece of software, but I've noticed one big problem.

My entire music history still shows up in my A3000, but the top 100 list does not appear to reflect that history. In any case, the list is far different from what it was under ConnectPlayer, and the new list includes songs I've barely listened to.

I really enjoyed building up my top 100 list so I'm a bit bummed about this.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does SonicStage use a different method to compile top 100 list? Does anybody know how to fix?

Hey kdog,

Welcome to ATRACLife Colloquium, I hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

I think the Top 100 refers to the top 100 songs that you play. Since you switched over from CP to Sonicstage, I think you basically started over from scratch. The songs that you barely play that show up on the Top 100.. maybe they are songs that the player started with and then you next tracked to the song you want? i dont know...

but yeah, I believe that the top 100/song ratings and all that stuff are tied together with the music transfering program as well as the player itself. When you went over to Connect, you had to initialize your player too right?

So you started over from both fronts, on both the program side and the player side

Thanks for the welcome, aznbro85.

I didn't have to initialize my player when I switched to SonicStage. I did the firmware upgrade, but my library remained -- as well as my play history dating all the way back to February.

And yes, you're right, the top 100 is supposed to rank the most played songs -- with a "play" counted each time you listen to at least 15 seconds of a song.

hmm.. interesting..

I only used Connect Player for a month at most, since I'm in America and that software was never even released here..

I guess it have to do with your listening patterns in sonicstage then, since you had your listening history since february..

anyway, i dont know how to fix that, and im sorry to hear that your top 100 isnt that of how you want it to be. I do hope though that your experience with SonicStage has been pretty positive compared to that of with the Connect player, though.

Hopefully somebody else might be able to help you out. Cheers :)