NW-705F: appears to have loose earphone jack

Rate this question

hartofalyon

Question

9 answers to this question

nvm, whether it's suppose to be loose or not, it's going back. i don't understand why sony makes the earphones so short so that you need an extension. it's extra weight hanging down the earphones. stupid design if you ask me. i seriously regret purchasing this player. hope i won't get slammed with restocking fees.

nvm, whether it's suppose to be loose or not, it's going back. i don't understand why sony makes the earphones so short so that you need an extension. it's extra weight hanging down the earphones. stupid design if you ask me. i seriously regret purchasing this player. hope i won't get slammed with restocking fees.

hmm it's probably because they want to make the earphones compatitable with remote controls on CD players.

Hey hartofalyon,

I agree with both AntiPod and sweeper as to their reasoning to why the earbuds are short. Sony has a lot of in-line remote controls, and by having the short length ones, you are able to plug them into your in-line remote and not have a lot of excess cord hanging out...

Also, by having the option of having it short, like sweeper had suggested, you can use it on a neckstrap without much clutter as well.

I use the MDR-EX71LPs with the short cord, and i use the 1meter extention cord that is supplied with it. I have to disagree with you in that the extension cord weighs down on the earphones. If you wear your earbuds the 'concealing' way (between the layers of your undershirt and your shirt) instead of the "cool iPod way!" (letting it all hang out from the outside, which i think sometimes looks kinda silly, especially from the new iPod shuffle commercials [clipped on your front chest shirt pocket, but letting it hang all the way down and back up to your ears is like so cool! ] ), the friction of it being inside rather than out keeps it more or less in place, without it getting loose much once you have the earbuds securely placed in your ear...

i agree with all three of the people. i have absolutely no problem with the around-the-neck design. at first i really hated it and was like wth? and now i know the did it for less wires running in front of your neck and its more comfortable, less tangle too. now i really like it more than the original design. speaking of looseness, sony usually has very good quality material, so iono, can't help u there. the headphones u have look really nice too, lol.

I have a question. Does anyone know if the NW-S705 series is released in USA yet? they have commercials for it on youtube. so i was wandering.

Hey SkylineGTRspecII,

When in doubt, check their website :lol:

NW-S705

I think they started selling it around the beginning of this month or something, maybe even a little earlier. Unfortunately, the max capacity that we get is the 2GB version

And unfortunately, sony style is the only place selling it T-T

yep OCedHrt, unfortunately I think sonystyle is the only place to get it right now (at least here in the states).

However, it looks like they have free S&H right now so if you want to get it you can take advantage of it right now :)

i dunno, part of me kinda likes that, as it makes the item seem more "exclusive" or something of that sort..

I'm not going to mention any names, but to me when you can go into a 7-eleven and buy a MP3 player, that particular brand looses it's uniqueness...just my opinion though