Can Sony's Media Manager transfer DVDs directly to the PSP?

Rate this question

naddy

Question

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and to the PSP. I was just wandering if you can use the Sony Media Manager software to directly convert dvd movies to right format necessary to transfer to the PSP? If not which software allows you to do this? Also, are the psp games that can be downloaded have all the functionality as the umd games?

Thanks for the help!

6 answers to this question

1. if you can use the Sony Media Manager software to directly convert dvd movies to right format necessary to transfer to the PSP? If not which software allows you to do this?

2. Also, are the psp games that can be downloaded have all the functionality as the umd games?

1. I doubt it. Most video converter software cannot rip directly from commercial protected DVDs because it's illegal. You have to use other software ripper like DVDdecrypter.

2. Most official downloadable PSP games are demos, not full version of the games. As far as I know, although there are some ISO dumps of UMD games, I haven't seen anybody manage to pirate PSP games.

It will convert most DVD's, but it chocked on a couple of mine. Also, you have to have the PSP connected during the conversion process...even if that takes hours.

That being the case, I would first rip the DVD to an image file with AnyDVD running in the background, then mount the image to a virtual drive, and then run Media Manager to convert it.