New SonicStage CP 4.3

Ishiyoshi

391198844_897127a523.jpg

As promised, Sony has released a new version of SonicStage with full Microsoft Windows Vista compatibility. The new update naturally is significant for those with plans to upgrade or already have upgraded their system with Microsoft’s latest operating system, Windows Vista (Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate).

In addition, a Windows Vista Compatible Driver for NetMD and Hi-MD has been made available and can be acquired from our download section of the forum or officially from Sony. Applicable models include: MZ-NH1, MZ-NH3, MZ-NH600, MZ-NH600D, MZ-NH700, MZ-NH900, MZ-NHF800, MZ-RH1, MZ-RH10, MZ-RH710, MZ-RH910, MZ-N1, MZ-N10, MZ-N505, MZ-N510, MZ-N707, MZ-N710, MZ-N920, MZ-N910, MZ-NF610 and MZ-S1.

It is also important to note that MD Simple Burner along with CONNECT Player, WAV Conversion Tool and MP3 File Manager will not be supported under Windows Vista. Accordingly, there will be no further updates for the aforementioned software. Henceforward, Sony's music management software for its Walkman devices will be just SonicStage 4.3 under Vista environment.

And now, without further ado, MDCF presents SonicStage 4.3:

DOWNLOAD LINKS: <a href="http://dl1.aii.co.jp/contents/connect/_data/ss/ss43_01_14050/JP/SonicStageInstaller.exe">Sony Japan</a> | <a href="http://dl1.aii.co.jp/contents/connect/_data/ss/ss43_01_14050/AE/SonicStageInstaller.exe">Sony Europe</a> | <a href="http://dl1.aii.co.jp/contents/connect/_data/ss/ss43_01_14050/US/SonicStageInstaller.exe">Sony USA</a> | <a href="http://dl1.aii.co.jp/contents/connect/_data/ss/ss43_01_14050/GA/SonicStageInstaller.exe">Sony Asia-Pacific</a> | <a href="http://dl1.aii.co.jp/contents/connect/_data/ss/ss43_01_14050/JEB/SonicStageInstaller.exe">JEB</a>

New feature:

★ Microsoft Windows Vista compatibility.

Accordingly, SonicStage CP 4.3 now supports the following WALKMAN devices:

★ Hi-MD Walkman

★ Net MD Walkman

★ NW-E series

★ NW-A series

★ NW-S Series

★ NW-HD series

★ NW-MS Series

★ ATRAC CD Walkman

★ Micro System

★ All other products compatible with older SonicStage, CONNECT Player or SonicStage CP versions.

MODULE VERSION

SonicStage : 4.3.01.14050

SonicStage Add-on for Personal Audio Download : 4.3.01.14050

OpenMG Secure Module : 4.7.00.12140

MagicGate Memory Stick Device : 4.7.00.12140

NW-E2, NW-E3, NW-E5 and NW-E8P : 4.7.00.12140

OpenMG CD : 4.7.00.12140

M.S. PRO : 4.7.00.12140

CD Walkman : 4.7.00.12140

ATRAC Audio Device with Intelligent function : 4.7.00.12140

Hi-MD : 4.7.00.12140

Music Clip, NW-S4, NW-E7 and NW-E10 : 4.7.00.12140

ATRAC Audio Device : 4.7.00.12140

Net MD : 4.7.00.12140

CD-R 書き込みモジュール (Audio CD/ATRAC CD/MP3 CD) : 4.3.01.14050

Px Engine: 3.4.36.500

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, i`v looked everywhere i can think of for the answer to this, and i`ll probable kick myself when its something simple, but i`ve just put ss4.3 on my computer at work (havent got one at home) and it worked after going and MADACing it all, but it says i need to reformat my HD3, now i already have about 17gb of music on there but its not on this computer, its a collection that has built up over the years in various different places i have been. what should, or can i do, will i just play it saxe and go back to 2.2???

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Stuge

Is anybody here using SonicStage 4.3 in Vista ?

I'm able to install SonicStage 4.3 in vista on my PC (Which does not have legit copy of Vista {Using for trial purpose only },but SonicStage 4.3doesn't work on my friend's HP laptop who has legit version of Vista Home Premium ,Which is quite strange :blink:

SonicStage doesn't show any errors either .

Is anybody here using SonicStage 4.3 in Vista ?

I'm able to install SonicStage 4.3 in vista on my PC (Which does not have legit copy of Vista {Using for trial purpose only },but SonicStage 4.3doesn't work on my friend's HP laptop who has legit version of Vista Home Premium ,Which is quite strange :blink:

SonicStage doesn't show any errors either .

I am running Ultimate X64 w/o major complaints. There are minor stability issues but at this point of

time there are many programs that exhibit this type of behavior under X64, unfortunately.

Guest Stuge

I am running Ultimate X64 w/o major complaints. There are minor stability issues but at this point of

time there are many programs that exhibit this type of behavior under X64, unfortunately.

He has 32bit Edition preinstalled

Also ,Mp3 File Manager ver 2 works well in Vista .

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this question, but unable to find any answers anywhere else.

One thing I am not liking about SonicStage is that I am unable to add directories into my library. I do like the whole album feature for adding albums, but when I have directories of 100+ MP3's that are mostly all different artists to add, it makes it a pain in the arse to have them all under separate headings.

Is there any way to upload a directory into a seperate playlist or something using SonicStage, as to not add 100+ albums each time I do it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

- Mike

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this question, but unable to find any answers anywhere else.

One thing I am not liking about SonicStage is that I am unable to add directories into my library. I do like the whole album feature for adding albums, but when I have directories of 100+ MP3's that are mostly all different artists to add, it makes it a pain in the arse to have them all under separate headings.

Is there any way to upload a directory into a seperate playlist or something using SonicStage, as to not add 100+ albums each time I do it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

- Mike

Hi Mike,

I don´t know if I get your question right but you can always create a playlist for a singe directory for instance using the create playlist feature of mp3tag.

You can dl this incredibly useful tool from www.mp3tag.de. There is a Union Jack at the right hand, top corner. Click it for English instructions. Once you have created the playlist, you can drag and drop it in Sonic Stage. I hope this helps.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having problems with sonicstage 4.3 crashing everytime I do a song transfer to my sony NW-003F walkman and then I have to restart the software. The songs do transfer but are immediately followed by an error message and crash. I just bought the Walkman with SS 4.0 and downloaded the update for 4.3. I probably need to reload the update but it took me 5 hours to do it the first time because of slow download speeds from the Sony server even though I have a fiber optic link to the internet.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I bought a Sony NW-S705F walkman mp3 player. Along with the product is a SonicStage version 4.1. I tried to use it download Chinese songs to the tiny player. Everthing is OK but the display refuses Chinese character. I saw a lot of thread in this forum but found no use to duplicate. So I have to search for newer SS with the hope of its multi-language support. But with SS version 4.3, the same issue remains: SS display chinese well but player not!

Now I have another problem. When I want to resume to previous SS v4.1, the system found some registry error and refuses to install properly. (BTW, before that I have fully uninstalled SS v4.3)

I want to know if Sony has plan to support multi-language in its music product like Sonic Stage?

Any buddy knows how to fix Chinese display issue? (BTW, I don't think Microsoft Applocale solve this issue as many cliamed in this forum. Maybe they used older SS).

Thanks in Advance!

• 5 weeks later...

I have just acquired the NW-A*)* MP3 player and one of its useful features is being able to transfer songs to the trash bin.

Per the manual, these songs can then be deleted once you connect to Sonic Stage, however when I connect the songs transferred to the trash bin do not appear to be highlighted in any way. Can anyone help me with this as I am sure there must be a ay of deleting these tracks easily however the Sonic Stage help doesnt even mention the trash bin.

many thanks

Sean

I have just acquired the NW-A*)* MP3 player and one of its useful features is being able to transfer songs to the trash bin.

Per the manual, these songs can then be deleted once you connect to Sonic Stage, however when I connect the songs transferred to the trash bin do not appear to be highlighted in any way. Can anyone help me with this as I am sure there must be a ay of deleting these tracks easily however the Sonic Stage help doesnt even mention the trash bin.

many thanks

Sean

Not sure if you mean they're not deleting once you connect the player? I simply add to the trash bin from the player, and then when I connect the player it 'updates' information and all the songs in the trash bin are gone.

When you say they're not 'highlighted', are you thinking they'll be highlighted as they delete? As far as I know, they just disappear once the information's been updated

Dont know where to post this. So sorry if i am posting in the wrong place. I recently bought NW-A808 and installed sonic stage 4.3. But whenever i try to transfer music to my NW-A808 sonicstage crashes. I cant even see NW-A808's song list. Please help me to fix this. I havnt even started using it yet.

Processor: intel pentium4 HT 3.0

mem:1gb

Thanks alot.

EDIT: NVM. managed to fix it. If you are experiencing the same problem, follow this http://blog.eltroway.com/PermaLink,guid,86...45ce94ccf4.aspx .

Edited by cytomatrix

Dont know where to post this. So sorry if i am posting in the wrong place. I recently bought NW-A808 and installed sonic stage 4.3. But whenever i try to transfer music to my NW-A808 sonicstage crashes. I cant even see NW-A808's song list. Please help me to fix this. I havnt even started using it yet.

Processor: intel pentium4 HT 3.0

mem:1gb

Thanks alot.

You could have started a new post, but that does not make a difference. Here are some suggestions. Exit all programs and remove any media formats for your optical drive. Attach the NW-A808 and then start SonicStage.

Please ensure that the songs actually exist in the correct location. If you look at the properties for a track, under the file info tab you will see location:. Please ensure this is correct for songs that you want to transfer. If it is incorrect you may have to return the files to the correct location or rename them.

Thanks for your input Juli.

Once I knew that it should work, I looked a bit further and adjusted the transfer setting by putting the intelligent options setting on and it now works.

Sean

Oh yes, I didn't think to ask if you had that feature switched on. Glad you figured it anyway :)

• 1 month later...

So I downloaded the new Sonicstage Connect 4.3 version, installed no problems and transferred a heap of albums and aside from a couple of freeze and CTL/ALT/DEL moments it all went well.

Then when playing my HD5 I noticed it would stop randomly and display

(Unknown Artist)

(Unknown Album)

(Unknown Song)

Then when I go to play a much loved album (already played many times before, and transferred months ago) it would say CANNOT PLAY, TRACK ERROR.

This happened a few times so I thought I'd hook it back up, trawl through and delete this unknown entity. But everytime I find it and click to delete or remove from my device it crashes SonicStage.I can only come to the conclusion that something evil is eating my songs!

Any idea how to rid myself of this tyranical being?

• 2 weeks later...

Sonicstage 4.3 has been working fine for me, but has suddenly refused to recognise the cd drive. It will only do so if I shut down the computer and restart with a disc in the drive. If I remove the disc after transferring the files the contents remain in the import cd page and it will not empty, whatever I do. Windows Media Player Power DVD etc all pick up the new CD but sonicstage will not

Hi all ,I have a huge problem. I can't install SonicStage 4.3. First I get message like this:

prob1eq8.jpg

If I press "Yes", nothing happens, I can't download any updates. If I press "No", then the installation proceeds untill I get message like this :

prob2zk4.jpg

Can anyone tell me what to do? I tryed transfer music with MP3Filemanager, but when I transfer an MP3 , it says "Cannot Play" HELP :sad:

Edited by DOMICH

DannyB37: is there any offline installer for this, official or unofficial, I would like to get a backup of it!

The complete list of web installers for SS42 is here: http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?s=&am...st&p=117507

A list of full installers for European versions of SS42 (and SS43) is here: http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?s=&am...st&p=117697

Edited by Heman

How do we resolve the issue for database is in use error when opening Sonicstage. I have gone through the various posts in the FAQ et al however they all seem to refer to the MDAC repair utility. I tried that on my Vista VAIO however that is no good. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions to rectify this?

I know for sure on XP Tuneup and MDAC repair tool fix this issue as I had it previously however am unable to resolve this on my Vista machine.

Punit

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there.

Just got a NWA806 Walkman, and have windows vista home premium. It says on the box that it is Vista compatible. My Image Converter works, but the SonicStage 4.3 doesn't. It opens up, initializes, but then stops and a message appear that the program has stopped working, and that windows is looking for a solution. Just wondering if anyone had any insight on this matter.

thanks

:)

Hey there.

Just got a NWA806 Walkman, and have windows vista home premium. It says on the box that it is Vista compatible. My Image Converter works, but the SonicStage 4.3 doesn't. It opens up, initializes, but then stops and a message appear that the program has stopped working, and that windows is looking for a solution. Just wondering if anyone had any insight on this matter.

thanks

:)

I'm using XP still so I don't know what the options are Vista...but what about using the compatibility install? In XP if you right click on the .exe file that installs, chose properties you get a series of tabbed items. Click on "compatibility" and chose "run this compatibility mode for" and pick an earlier OS.

• 1 month later...

I'm using Vista Home Premium and regrettably, SonicStage 4.3 CP is a right pain in the bum. Nothing but issues with it. I have spent hour upon hour to get the darn thing to work. Uninstalled/reinstalled it so many times and gotten nowhere. :sad:

So when I saw your compatibility suggestion I though lets go for it - nothing to lose and I was right! It won't start at all in XP SP2 mode.

Luckily I have an laptop running XP with no problems. So I shall stick with that for all transfers until Sony get their act together and release another update.

• 1 month later...

I have recently purchased a sony walkman NW-A1200, and have experienced many problems using SonicStage. The most recent problem occurs while trying to import a CD. After getting 99% of the way through the first track the following error message appears:

A problem has occured while preparing to import the CD. Please try again.

(00000415)

Closely followed by:

A problem has occured while preparing to import the CD. Please try again.

(00000307)

Anyone got any ideas as to what could be causing it? Please help, I've tried everything! :unsure:

• 5 weeks later...

Ripping CD Single and Albums works fine every time with Gracenote set to automatic

Dont try to use Enhanced CD (CD Extra) with this software using automatic CD info you will get on of the many error codes

00006210cdextrapb5xv4.jpg

However even though it gives that message some of the time other times it will crash you PC to a black screen and you will have to reboot.

Make sure that you follow these steps for partial success ripping Enhanced CD's with Sonicstage v4.3

1: Make sure that you insert the CD prior to opening the software

2: Make sure that the get CD info automatically menu option is unchecked.

3: Load the freeware version of ANYDVD and check the remove CD protection box.

3: Attempt the rip.

It will work 50% of the time.

Try to rip the CD using EAC or AED Tools by Media Twins to WAV format first then insert the files separately, you might

not be able to use Gracenote and have to input the CD info by hand

The Spideray

P.S> :sad: Sorry that the ATRAC codec and Connect store are being phased out after March 31st 2008 it still prefer this to the MP3 codec.

With v4.3 is there anyway of editing the Release Date/Year once the track is on the player?

I have version 4.3 and the only thing I can change is the title - nothing else. If I need to edit the genre/year etc, I still have to transfer the music back to the library (or 'delete' from the player), re-edit it and transfer it back.

Would be nice to be able to edit other information while it's on the player.

I had a bad feeling i would have to re-transfer the music over with the info updated.

I didn't have too much of a problem with it. It was quite quick and painless.

But I didn't do this with the tracks that aren't on my hard drive, as there'd be no way of recovering them, so I leave them as they are.

Also, I have never ever been able to transfer Atrac files back to the library - only mp3 and wma etc. With Atrac files I have to actually delete the music from the player (it stays in the library no it's not a problem.) At first, I thought I was deleting the music altogether, but thank goodness it was only from the player!

If you only have a few albums to do, it shouldn't take long. I found it really fast to delete, edit, then transfer. Do you have many to do?

Probably about 40 tracks or so - I'm using Mp3's, i think the main problem will be trying to find all the tracks with no year because their scattered out over various albums....and then restore the files from the recycle bin because i deleted them after transfer :-)

Edited by The Mule

Hello all!

I am having great trouble trying to open Sonic Stage which I have previously installed from a CD which came from a new walkman. My laptop runs vista and I get two pop up windows which say:

'Please wait while Windows configures OpenMG secure module' which then leads to a new pop up which states 'Please insert the disk: 1'

It then goes round and round as I try to sort it out. Basically I can't even get into Sonic Stage!

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Please refer to http://www.atraclife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4034

Guess, the SonicStage registry entries were corrupted due to the mistakenly removal by registry cleaner/utilities or variants. If system restore point was built before, try restoring it first, or uninstall SS including the OpenMG ...

Edited by Heman

Hi there,

Not sure whether this is the right place to ask this, but I can not find where this is or where it's been handled before!?

Anyway, I got a serious problem which bothers me and I was wondering whether you could help me?

I am using a Sony Vaio VGN-AR41L laptop with Windows Vista and SonicStage 4.3. Everytime I try to connect my NW-A1200 via USB it starts SonicStage.

The problem is that SonicStage starts, but it says "The connection between the device and the computer is unstable. Disconnect and reconnect them. If you connect the device to a different USB port and the device is still not recognised, delete all tracks on the device by clicking 'Controls' selecting 'Device/Media' and then selecting 'Delete all tracks".

I have tried to connect the device to all two USB ports and also deleting all tracks, but it still won't be recognised!! Luckly I still had my other Fijitsu laptop with Windows XP and it worked well. But now I have sold that laptop.

Can someone please help me with this? I am getting tired of the old songs I have and I just want it to work otherwise what's the point?

I am looking forward to one's reply! Thanks!