New SonicStage CP 4.3

Ishiyoshi

The problem is that SonicStage starts, but it says "The connection between the device and the computer is unstable. Disconnect and reconnect them. If you connect the device to a different USB port and the device is still not recognised, delete all tracks on the device by clicking 'Controls' selecting 'Device/Media' and then selecting 'Delete all tracks".

Have you formatted the NW-A1200 while using Windows? If yes, and backup is available, re-format (Home>Settings>Initilize Disk) it. Again, connect NW-A1200 to your computer's USB port (not external hub's port).

Remember Windows's formatter will bring incompatible issue.

Edited by Heman

Hi,

Well, I don't have back-up actually. All music I have now is on my Vaio as I don't have my other computer anymore. If I do initialise disk now, I will lose all data and if it doesn't want to connect afterwards I won't have any portable music player with music :s.

Do you think it's worth the shot? What to do if it still doesn't work then?

My musical life is in your hands people! ;)

Hi,

Well, I don't have back-up actually. All music I have now is on my Vaio as I don't have my other computer anymore. If I do initialise disk now, I will lose all data and if it doesn't want to connect afterwards I won't have any portable music player with music :s.

Do you think it's worth the shot? What to do if it still doesn't work then?

My musical life is in your hands people! ;)

If you satisfy current situation, stay there.

Not words. It is my experience - I once formatted my Vaio pocket and NW-A3000 with M$ formatter (Windows 2000, and XP) for housekeeping but this issue happens on and off. It doesn't happen after initializing it with player's formatter. The way NW-A3000 (maybe all NW-A series) use for USB connection is no good at all because the NW-A3000 can't be charged while transfering songs (if battery is low, your pc may be sluggish or frozen). Yes, your mileage may be varied.

Hi

I am new to this forum and am hoping someone can help me. To cut a long story short after a number of problems with window updates and performing a system restore I am unable to uninstall Sonicstage and am getting a message "setup.exe stopped working." I realise now that I will need to manually delete all of sonicstage in order to reinstall it and as this involves deleting registry keys after speaking to Sony and the PC manufacturer neither can help. Basically what I need, is someone to advise what I need to delete. Sonicstage 4.3 was working fine with Windows vista until I received the windows updates, since then I have had nothing but trouble. Please, please, please could someone guide me, I have just been made redundant so don't really have the money to pay for a professional to help and really do miss my music.

Thanks

ERH

Hi

I am new to this forum and am hoping someone can help me. To cut a long story short after a number of problems with window updates and performing a system restore I am unable to uninstall Sonicstage and am getting a message "setup.exe stopped working." I realise now that I will need to manually delete all of sonicstage in order to reinstall it and as this involves deleting registry keys after speaking to Sony and the PC manufacturer neither can help. Basically what I need, is someone to advise what I need to delete. Sonicstage 4.3 was working fine with Windows vista until I received the windows updates, since then I have had nothing but trouble. Please, please, please could someone guide me, I have just been made redundant so don't really have the money to pay for a professional to help and really do miss my music.

Hi there - did you try uninstalling the updates from the 'Windows Update' page? I'm running SS 4.3 with Vista and I have all the updates, but I haven't had any problems with SS. You could try uninstalling the latest updates, whichever once you installed before the problems with SS. I wouldn't advise going messing around with the registry (unless you back the registry up first) but you shouldn't have to resort to such drastic measures just to uninstall SS. Are you trying to remove it via 'add/remove programs' or from the SS program itself?

Hi Juli

Firstly, thank you for replying. Yes I did try and uninstall the windows updates and this did not work. I have been trying to uninstall SS via 'the uninstall/change program' in vista and it is here that I get the message "setup.exe stopped working". I would prefer not to mess about with the registry keys but this is what the people at Sony have advised. Any suggestions?

ERH

you should try to uninstall in safe mode and if you can't (cuz i don't know if vista allows) then go to http://www.torchsoft.com/ and try to unistall the program in question! good luck! also there isn't anything wrong w/ deleting from your registry just make sure you back it up on your desktop and obviously don't delete anything that isn't applicable to what you are doing.

Hi All

Just wanted to let you all know that after days of research and persverance I have managed to get sonicstage working again. I am so happy and have cracked open a bottle of wine to celebrate and am listening to my music. Thanks to those who responded and helped me, much appreciated.

ERH

• 4 weeks later...

I installed SS4.3 hoping it would fix a big problem I had encountered with SS on my faithful old VGN A115B Vaio laptop but NO! All my OPEN MG files in SS suddenly refuse to play (this is my entire vinyl library transferred over 24 months onto SS with SS Mastering Studio). All my WAV and MP3 audio files are fine but after burning an audio CD copy of one of my vinyl records for a friend I got an error message "Hard Drive Full" and the burn crashed. Since that day none of my OPEN MG files will play. So far Sony have not come up with a fix. I have tried HiMdRender to transfer all the ATRAC3plus files back to another format but they will not convert either. I think this may be a bug with the SS "Rights Issues License" as in my SS music library all the OPEN MG files suddenly have 0 beside all the fields "number of times played" "remaining transfers" and "remaining ATRAC CD transfers remaining". In reality all these audio files of mine are simply my own work, not downloads or purchased tracks but SS seems to not want to let me play them anylonger. Has anyone had any similar experiences or suggest a fix?

EDIT: My Vaio laptop is a VGN A115B running Windows XPHome now with SS4.3 fully updated with no previous interventions, maintenance or repairs. Only problem with playing audio files of ATRAC3Plus format.

Edited by kamikaziggy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm using SonicStage 4.3 and it's been running fine since I installed it back when it was released, however I tried to play some music today and it just wont play most of the songs in my library. The songs are still on the computer in the same place as before and media player can play them no problem but SonicStage just "skips" to the next song and keeps on "skipping" until it reaches a song it feels like playing! If anyone could point me in the right direction to fix this problem I'll be very grateful. I'm running it on XP Media Center Edition 2005 with all the latest updates. Thanks for any and all help that you can offer, Justo

Hi everyone.

I've never used these forum things before and I wasn't really sure how to make a post but I assume this is the way to do it. I'm a bit confused but I will try my best to get to grips with everything! I have a few problems with my SonicStage 4.3 and really need some help as I'm useless with computers! I have a sony MP3 and so I installed SonicStage and transferred all my music to it etc. It plays most of the songs, but not all of them. It mostly doesn't seem to want to play songs that I bought from the net. It also does not let me put these songs on my MP3. I keep getting these three errors:

Cannot load rights information for the selected tracks. The file format may not be supported by SonicStage (0000010d) (This error comes up when I simply try to play certain songs)

I tried to convert the files (even though admittedly I have no idea what I'm doing) and it somes up with this error: Cannot convert the specified tracks.

Possible reasons may include:

- The track (files) cannot be found

- SonicStage does not support the file format of the track

- The track is copyright protected.

(00000000)

I also get a error simply saying 'Transfers not allowed' when I try and transfer these troublesome songs onto my MP3.

Please help!! I have no idea what to do! Is there another way for me to put songs onto my Sony MP3 without having to go through all this trouble??

Thank you, Tess

:sad:

Have Dell Notebook running preinstalled Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1.

Have Sony NW-A3000

Have just installed SonicStage 4.3 and the security update.

Was happily able to transfer all music onto my hard drive and into SonicStage library as per its instructions when i first started it, took about 45 mins but no problem.

PROBLEM:

However since the initial transferring of the music files (the only time it has actually worked in any capacity) whenever i try to open SonicStage it opens up but immediately stops responding so i cannot actually do anything with it?

Any ideas? Shall i try a reinstall. Is it easy to remove SonicStage as there doesn't appear to be an uninstall option in the menu? Will removing it using Add/Remove programs completely remove it and any registry settings? The readme file that does come with it is not terribly helpful in its uninstall section.

Any help would be great

Guest Stuge

Welcome to sonic stage !

Yes ,I feel you will have to reinstall it and make sure to remove Sonic Stage registries before installing it again .

• 2 weeks later...

I had the problem TessNess describes. I found two solutions.

1. Whatever MP3 tagging software you're using, use ID3v2 version 2.3 tags - not 2.4. 2.4 tags

2. Make sure the folder you have your music stored in DOES NOT have the "system" attribute set. To do this, you'll need to open a Command window, navigate to the folder/directory which contains your music folder, then run the following commands:

attrib -s *. /s

That's worked for me. The diagnosis for the 2nd one is that you can't see the folder in the "File -> Import -> Scan Folder" dialog box.

Hi there

I am also having a big problem converting mp3's to Atrac in Sonicstage and would love some help please.

My sonicstage library has been imported from My Music as Mp3's. Some of these files have been ripped from CD, others have been downloaded. Sonicstage is able to convert any Mp3 I have ripped from CD myself, however it won't convert the downloaded Mp3's (although it always could in the past). It will allow me to transfer the downloaded Mp3's to my NW HD3 but only in MP3 format. This means I can't transfer all of my library since a lot of the MP3's are large files (320 kbps etc) and this also has a knock on effect with battery life etc.

Dave Venman, you mentioned something to do with tagging in your previous post. Could you go into a bit more detail please? Is it possible that Win Med Player 11 is tagging these files itself and that this is creating conflict with Son Stage?

If I download a "fresh" MP3 and save it somewhere other than in My Music, like desktop for example, and then import it into sonicstage, I am able to convert it.

I have SS 4.3 and win XP all updates.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Will

Edited by willlodge

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using Sonicstage on XP for a while and recently on Vista, with no stability problems at all. However, the disk space on my Vista pc dropped far quicker than I was expecting, and after checking with Sequoiaview I found out that Sonicstage stores all of my music both in Programdata and All users. I'm not to happy about my hard drive space being wasted like that, so I tried deleting a file from each directory and testing if it still played - turns out that Sonicstage needs both! Has anyone else come across this, and is there some sort of solution?

I upgraded from the 4.0 ver to the 4.3 one, and ass huge was my surprise when first time I ran it, and it said that in order to use this version, I had to format my device. and there is no way in hell that i'm down to erase 15 gb from my player (considering that my pc is old and it only has usb 1.1 port, so figure out how long it takes to transfer all that amount of music)

is there anything that can be done???????

I have no more the 4.0 version available (the installation cd was sold with my previous A1200 player), so I tried with the 2.3 version install cd which came with my HD3, but it says that it can't be used with this device (!!!)

heeeeelp pleeeeeeeeease!!!

thanx

Edited by suso

well, finally i was forced to stay with the 4.3 version (and yes, I had to format my player).

and now I have the same f··$%·$%$·% problem which I had previously: the atrac device window on SS can't have the albums sorted!!! the are sorted just by transfer date, and I can't manage to sort them by name. is there any way to fix this ridiculous problem?? (during these days i've strongly thought about selling my hd3 and buying an ipod... or any other that works with software designed with the brain and not with the ass)

• 3 months later...