Question Regarding D-NE20's Rechargeable Battery

Rate this question

blueade7

Question

Hi,

I have a d-ne20. I used it for the first time today, with a new battery. I charged the battery and it plays fine, except that the battery life indicator on the remote shows only 2 bars. Surely it should show all 4 bars considering it is freshly charged? Or are the extra two bars reserved for if you use the AA battery attachment too? Any suggestions?

cheers, andy

6 answers to this question

For PCDPs, it is very common for the battery indicator to display less charge when the CD is spinning, since it is drawing more power. On my NE20 and various other MP3 PCDPs, I notice that the battery meter sometimes increases later on when the unit stops spinning the CD and playing the tracks from its buffer.

For PCDPs, it is very common for the battery indicator to display less charge when the CD is spinning, since it is drawing more power. On my NE20 and various other MP3 PCDPs, I notice that the battery meter sometimes increases later on when the unit stops spinning the CD and playing the tracks from its buffer.

I see the same thing with my various Sony "spinning disc" devices. Also, the battery gauges seem to be strongly influenced by voltage. Since alkaline batteries start off at 1.5V and NiMH rechargeables at 1.2V, I've almost never had a fully-charged NiMH show up as full four bars on the battery meter for more than 30-60 minutes. Alkalines on the other hand stay at four bars for a long time.