SonicStage 4.3 and NW-E005F Problem

Rate this topic

golden ears

I am so frustrated with Sonic Stage and the NW-E005F I'm ready to take it back to the store and demand my money back!

I had the previous version of Sonic Stage (Is there any software any where that woeks slower? OH, yeh, the new version) It would not recognize my device.

Ah! Along comes Sonic Stage 4.3 and I thought, "surely this software will work with the NW-E005F!"

Oh contrare'! It took half of forever to download and install, then start up.

The killer is whenever Sonic Stage has to "see" my player in the transfer window it coughs up a furball!

"Omigjbox.exe has encounterd a problem and now must die."

Error signature---------

AppName: ongjbox.exe Appver: 4.3.1.14020 ModName: omgjbox.exe

Modver: 4.3.1.14020 offset: 002af15c

I followed the on screen instructions and sure enough Sonic Stage was able to delete all my music, but not smart enough to be able to put anything back!

Anyone have any suggestions???

• 2 weeks later...

The killer is whenever Sonic Stage has to "see" my player in the transfer window it coughs up a furball!

"Omigjbox.exe has encounterd a problem and now must die."

I have the exact same problem with my new NW-S705F. And I already tried heck a lot of stuff with deinstaling, reinstalling and everything else I found on the internet. But non of it seems to work. I am now using 'VAIO Music Transfer' (that very simple drag&drop program) so I can at least get some music on my player. But I payed for that player and that software so I want to be able to use it properly!

NW-E005F works for me running SonicStage 4.3 on Windows XP SP2 (with all the latest patches).

Here are the module versions from SonicStage Help->About Sonic Stage (maybe I have a later version of 4.3):

SonicStage : 4.3.01.14050

SonicStage Add-on for Personal Audio Download : 4.3.01.14050

OpenMG Secure Module : 4.7.00.12140

MagicGate Memory Stick Device : 4.7.00.12140

NW-E2, NW-E3, NW-E5 and NW-E8P : 4.7.00.12140

OpenMG CD : 4.7.00.12140

M.S. PRO : 4.7.00.12140

CD Walkman : 4.7.00.12140

ATRAC Audio Device with Intelligent function : 4.7.00.12140

Hi-MD : 4.7.00.12140

Music Clip, NW-S4, NW-E7 and NW-E10 : 4.7.00.12140

ATRAC Audio Device : 4.7.00.12140

Net MD : 4.7.00.12140

EMD Plug-in: 4.3.01.14020

Playback Plug-in : 4.3.01.14020

CD-R Writing Module(Audio CD/ATRAC CD/MP3 CD) : 4.3.01.14050

Px Engine: 3.4.36.500

• 4 weeks later...

well i m also using nwe005f with sonicstage 4.3 and no problems i also dl it from net. and when i plug my nwe005 and transfer my whole mp3s to it without any problem. i think the problems lies some where else. well u should try to format the player by palyer menu. and then first uninstall ur sonicstage. and then u should remove any hidden files of thw software. in c program files\common files\sony shared

as wel as c:\application data\common files\sony shared etc

well u should each and avery thing form u r harddisk. of sony software.

and then u should install the fresh install the software form cd or net.well mine cd is out of order so i tried the software direct from net and transfering is a breeze for me.no problems at all.

and enjoy my nee005 f daily. and loes it.u should not return iit. nwe005f sound very good like an hifi...and the best value for money well u should also try disabling antiviruses and antispywares when transfering music to player

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem with SonicStage on one of my PCs. As soon as SS detected my NW-E005F, I would get the Omgjbox has encountered an error ..... When I restored my PC to a full image of one year ago, SonicStage 4.3 worked! I eventually found that a personal video recorder software program would break SonicStage, so I removed the PVR software and installed a different PVR. Now SS works on all of my PCs.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I also have a NW-E005 and when I upgraded to Sonic Stage 4.3 I can transfer files but once that process has finished Sonic Stage Crashes and I get a memory error. Have updated INF drivers, BIOS and uninstalled 4.3 and reinstalled 4.2 and now have same problem with that! Anybody know how to fix this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I also have a NW-E005 and when I upgraded to Sonic Stage 4.3 I can transfer files but once that process has finished Sonic Stage Crashes and I get a memory error. Have updated INF drivers, BIOS and uninstalled 4.3 and reinstalled 4.2 and now have same problem with that! Anybody know how to fix this problem?

I have exactly the same problem. I have used version 3.2, 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 without any problems, since installing 4.3, same problem as yours.

I am wondering whether the last update from Microsoft is causing this as I have made no other changes to my system.

I'm waiting for a technobod from Sony support to ring me after I left all the symptoms of the problem with them.

I will advise you of the outcome.

John H

• 2 months later...

something that i tried which works

try and remove all connected peripherals

Uninstall SonicStage from Add or Remove Programs.

delete related folders to SonicStage.

Shut Down all application and Program.

use msconfig - disable all programs in the startup tab and restart the unit

Install SonicStage

SonicStage related folders to be deleted

remove SonicStage from Add or Remove Programs.

1-1 SonicStage

1-2 OpenMG Limited Patch

1-3 OpenMG Secure Module

if you have any issues in removing sonic stage try and use the ms clean up thing

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

show the hidden files and folders & delete related sonic stage folders

for vista

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\OpenMG

C:\Program Files\Sony\OpenMG Jukebox

C:\Program Files\Sony\SonicStage

C:\Program Data\SonicStage

C:\Program Data\Sony Corporation\SonicStage

window xp

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\OpenMG

C:\Program Files\Sony\OpenMG Jukebox

C:\Program Files\Sony\SonicStage

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sony Corporation\SonicStage