S70x vs A1200

Rate this question

DSJ

Question

Guys,

I have heard praise from countless of you on the new S700 series, particularly its SQ. Like many of you, I am obssessed with SQ, and my question is: how much better is it likely to be than my a1200? Will I notice a sizeable difference? Is the bass more powerful? I am not so interested in the noise-reduction, just the SQ with third party headphones.

thanks

D

8 answers to this question

well As I own both I can assure that SQ on NW-S70x series is way better.

in terms of vividness and bass. Bass is way better, stereo seperation is better and in general overall SQ is better.

S70x is the best MP3 player I've ever heard, and that's a serious statement, not from some guy who's just happy with his player.

If capacity is not an issue I defenitely recommende sony NW-S70x

greetz

I've been tempted by the A1200 too. In the UK it's now going for £100 (clearing out for the S80X), about the same price as the 4gb S706. If SQ is better on the 706 then that makes it the better option, regardless of capacity. Plus it's got a better display, noice cancelling & should be more reliable due to the flash memory.

Guest Stuge

Guys,

I have heard praise from countless of you on the new S700 series, particularly its SQ. Like many of you, I am obssessed with SQ, and my question is: how much better is it likely to be than my a1200? Will I notice a sizeable difference? Is the bass more powerful? I am not so interested in the noise-reduction, just the SQ with third party headphones.

thanks

D

Clear Bass and Clear Stereo of NW-7xx overpowers the SQ of NW-A1xxx series .

Yup, Bass is more powerful (It just like the Mega Bass,but without distrotion )

Also in-built NC can only be used with the suppplied earphones .

The sound quality difference will be really noticeable when the noise-canceling feature is on, which allows one to hear much more detail in noise area. I'd say, just for this built in NC feature, it is pretty good deal at current price.

I was about to get the NW-E016 but ended up with the S705F. I really like the sound of the headphones it includes, what I don't like is that my other headphones that are bass-driven (MDR-Q55) sound dull with this player, yet I remember how great they sounded with my E507 :mellow: . Oh well, but I never tried these type of headphones before (referring to the ones included with the S70x series) and I'm beginning to like these ones better than the open-type ones. Overall the player's sound is very vivid like DSP said and the bass is way better than the E50x series, doesn't sound distorted. I just hope these headphones don't break easily lol.