NW-MS90D (rare) for sale!

Rate this topic

Zephir

Hello guys! What i have here today is a like new, used very little, nw-ms90d. This player is in excellent cosmetic condition and include all original accessories. I even have the original box in excellent condition. To make it worthwhile, I even include 6 new genuine sony 128mb memory sticks (no separate packaging for the sticks though) for you guys to use and get started right away. What I'm looking for is about $99 along with shipping (about $5). If you're interested, visit this link from amazon.com where i list my auction:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00...4879004-7464029

Thank you for your time!

PS: In case you guys are wondering, amazon.com is a very secured site with wonderful protection. The website itself is also very popular and well-known, nothing fishy or anything like that. I just want a little security from selling on a popular site rather than a direct deal. For your information, i have purchased more than 5 items over there myself, all arrived as described!

One more thing: these nw-ms90d are all sold out on ebay. There is no more of them. Some sites still sell them for at least $200. This mp3 player is becoming extinct, great for collectors! The sound quality is superb too when paired up with a pair of mdr-ex85sl

Sorry guys, wrong link! :P the link is now corrected.

Edited by Zephir

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't expect anymore than $40-50 for that player. A 128MB player these days ain't worth crap.

Uhhh, you need to do research first. The internal memory is 512 mb with expandable memory through memory stick duo. The body is made of titanium, very sturdy, good for using while exercising

Uhhh, you need to do research first. The internal memory is 512 mb with expandable memory through memory stick duo. The body is made of titanium, very sturdy, good for using while exercising

Even at that, you are expecting $99 for a very old 512MB DAP? Today, users can find the brand new 2GB NW-S706 for around $70 brand new, you want $99 for a 512MB, old, used player? Give me a break man, that is way to much. The thing is ancient, used, and only holds 512MB (+128MB cards, but you get the pt), and you want $99, forget it man.

$45-50 at the max is all you can expect. I personally feel it's worth more like $35.

Even at that, you are expecting $99 for a very old 512MB DAP? Today, users can find the brand new 2GB NW-S706 for around $70 brand new, you want $99 for a 512MB, old, used player? Give me a break man, that is way to much. The thing is ancient, used, and only holds 512MB (+128MB cards, but you get the pt), and you want $99, forget it man.

$45-50 at the max is all you can expect. I personally feel it's worth more like $35.

Actually, I think that is a bit harsh. They may be 'OLD' but they are excellent players if you can tolerate being locked down to ATRAC. They are still supported by Sony, and SS 4.3 still acknowledges and sync's with the MS series of Walkmans. The styling is nice too,very unique.........BTW, I have the MS 77D and can vouch for the quality of these players.

Actually, I think that is a bit harsh. They may be 'OLD' but they are excellent players if you can tolerate being locked down to ATRAC. They are still supported by Sony, and SS 4.3 still acknowledges and sync's with the MS series of Walkmans. The styling is nice too,very unique.........BTW, I have the MS 77D and can vouch for the quality of these players.

But come on, $99 for 512MB? That's ridiculous, especially considering NW-S705 2GBs can be found for ~$70 NEW, compared to this USED 512MB walkman.

But come on, $99 for 512MB? That's ridiculous, especially considering NW-S705 2GBs can be found for ~$70 NEW, compared to this USED 512MB walkman.

These players are expensive because they are made in JAPAN have an all-metal body, not like those nw-s705 which is made from plastic and made in MALAYSIA.

I have another one of these nw-ms90d, which is the only reason why I sell this one. I bought the other player and this one in 2003, and both are still full functional after 4 years.

Edited by Zephir

These players are expensive because they are made in JAPAN have an all-metal body, not like those nw-s705 which is made from plastic and made in MALAYSIA.

I have another one of these nw-ms90d, which is the only reason why I sell this one. I bought the other player and this one in 2003, and both are still full functional after 4 years.

I understand that, and completely agree with you that the sony's made in japan DAPs are much better constructed than the ones made in Malaysia, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a very old player which only holds 512MB.

Rob A plz don sound too harsh =/

i know that technically, the 512mb player aint worth that much, but it is pretty rare, as it was the last walkman that was MIJ, not anywhere else. Zephir I guess it is more for the collectors other than just daily users right?

good luck

Rob A plz don sound too harsh =/

i know that technically, the 512mb player aint worth that much, but it is pretty rare, as it was the last walkman that was MIJ, not anywhere else. Zephir I guess it is more for the collectors other than just daily users right?

good luck

Thanks alot for that, antiipod, i really mean it. By the way, nice nickname :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks fahad :), I'm similar to you. "Made in Japan" things are always the best because they are built with high quality standard and last a long time. I still have a fully functional clock "made in Japan" that I received as a gift 10 years ago.

Edited by Zephir

• 2 weeks later...

funny thing is, I know a shop here that still sells it, for the original price of €450,- my idea is that they simply forgot to get it out of the vitrin for all those years. Beautiful and well made player, but of course time hasn't been kind on it...

• 1 month later...

I have an MS70D, same thing but even less capacity. They were indeed over $400CA when they came out, I remember quite well.

While I have other Walkmans, I do love to see my MS70D sitting on a shelf in it's cradle. It just looks so cool! It had a lot going for it when it came out, style-wise as well as functionality. Of course the first Apple iPod came out pretty much at the same time, and the world didn't want Sony for portable audio this time.

Sometime I take it off the shelf and load an album or two to listen. It still sounds great, even with the bundled headphones, although not nearly as good as the newer Walkmans I have bought since. If worn around the neck, people who see it are always impressed by it's looks, even now after several years.

These beautiful titanium Walkmans had limitations though, seemingly imposed by having too many lawyers involved in the design process. Oh well.