Computer Speaker System

Rate this topic

Zizone_

Hi, I am looking for good Speaker System for my computer. But, my knowledge is somewhat shallow in computer speaker system. Do you guys recommend any particular system? I was looking at this.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Zizone

• 2 weeks later...

I also recommend Creative's soundcards, IMO they are the best in the computer industry. I have a Creative SB Live! 24-bit card coupled with Logitech's z5300e speakers. They are entry level spec, but sound very very good. Meaning if you go for the good stuff, imagine what you get.

Edited by Sparda

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard the Soundsticks, and they're very good - very natural compared to most computer speakers. I imagine the M-Audio monitors would be better though.

although most people tend to dislike monitors in a home cinema setup I think nothing can match them on the desktop. the lowliest 150 Euro/USD retail pair will annihilate everything that logitech and creative can muster. You´ll have to sacrifice some desktop real estate, however.

As far as creative goes: I used to like what I got for 70 Dollars with the xfi music in xp but now in vista creative is a farce. I have reverted back to onboard hda bitstream to my av receiver. I hooked up a pair of logitech z10 to the -anal- log out of the xfi and hiss/cracking/popping kills me.