Headphones for NW-S70* and NW-A80*

Rate this topic

aob9

I wonder how people really feel about the new 'High Quality' headphones supplied with the NW-S70* and the NW-A80* series of Walkmans. Personally, I still use my Seinheisser CX-300's except when I need noise canceling.This is more than just habit, I find they are of exceptional sound quality and they have a very tidy form factor. I would say they are the smallest and lightest I have seen so far.

If I had one complaint ( and only one ) about the supplied buds it would be the need for an extension cord almost all of the time.

I wonder how people really feel about the new 'High Quality' headphones supplied with the NW-S70* and the NW-A80* series of Walkmans. Personally, I still use my Seinheisser CX-300's except when I need noise canceling.This is more than just habit, I find they are of exceptional sound quality and they have a very tidy form factor. I would say they are the smallest and lightest I have seen so far.

If I had one complaint ( and only one ) about the supplied buds it would be the need for an extension cord almost all of the time.

It seems that Sony's headphone are more designed for using them with audio devices that are hanging around your neck. I would prefer if Sony's still made similar models of headphone that do not require the extension cord. The headphone sometimes feel unbalance at the point where the extension cord and headphones meet. This would be my only complaint.

I have the NW-S705F and love the included NC22 earphones. They are very similar to my MDR-EX90LP in terms of driver design and comfort. I bought the EX90 to replace my CX300. I like the CX300 but they would not stay in my ears for long periods (hours). I was constantly fiddling with the buds to reseal them. The EX90 and NC22 don't require as tight a seal and are more comfortable as a result. The large driver acts to lessen wiggle movements that tend to loosen IEMs.

The only issue that I have read about is that the driver section may be too large for some ears, kind of like standard earbuds that are too large for some ears.

• 2 weeks later...

Would like to recommend pairing the NW-A800 with the AKG K26P, they form a great team! Prefer the AKG's over the buds that came with my NW-A808.The closed-back design gives the deepest, cleanest bass I've ever heard in a pair of portables and give crisp, detailed mids+highs.

for best results sony recoomends using the supplied buds with thier mp3s. bocz and i think so that sony headhphones are more cooler than other even my supplied nwe005 headphones sounds alot deeper than other. well they r designed for extended period of use. so keep one tip that use sony mp3 with sony headphones to get what u want. and also not burden u r player battery

Without doubt the Sony pack-ins for these players are probably the best ever bundled with a player...

...but this is a bit like saying "Without doubt the choice of Latvian supercars is the best ever this year". i.e. It's not a big deal.

You can still definitely do better in terms of sound quality depending on your usage patterns, and in most situations the better isolating in-ear monitors will also do a better job than the NC pack-ins in terms of noise blocking.