tranfer atrac3plus files from atrac cd to Network Walkman NW-HD3

Rate this question

shaft69

Question

Hello Everybody I got a problem I got Atrac CDs because I Used to have a Discman (I still have it But It's Useless now) and I got a Car audio Sony too. . I just bought an Network Walkman, an nw hd3 and I want to transfer files from atrac Cd to my network walkman but My PC doesn't recognize atrac cd ( by PC I mean SonicStage) I don't know how to do I search everywhere...Can Anybody help me?

17 answers to this question

thanks anyway that's crazy I bought that network Walkman specially because it read Atrac3plus Files but I can't transfert files from atrac cd I think I'll sell my nw-hd3 :sad:

Tell that to Sony.

For all intents and purposes, ATRAC CD as a format was dead as a doornail when it was born, and it's still dead as a doornail. SO it goes.

Well, it could have be a good format at that time, where DAPs are still expensive for cost per MB. AtracCD can support seamless/gapless, which for me is the best thing about it. However, Sony is not even supporting AtracCD. Support of AtracCD comes very late outside of PCDP, plus none of the non-PCDP devices can do gapless playback. So again, not only AtracCD is already a dead-end format, Sony is killing it themselves even more.

@shaft69:why you want to sell it ?You can use HD3 as a player .

Because he thought he can transfer his Atrac tracks from the AtracCDs to the HD3, which in fact is not possible.

Guest Stuge

Because he thought he can transfer his Atrac tracks from the AtracCDs to the HD3, which in fact is not possible.

Yeah ,I know that ,but only because of that one can't sell a player .

Yeah ,I know that ,but only because of that one can't sell a player .

I chosed Sony only because it read atrac3plus or else I chosed another brand but I can't transfer atrac3plus files from atrac CD to my Network walkman I'll sell my NW HD3 and I'll keep using my Discman untill I find a new MP3 player that can satisfy me (even if it doesn't read atrac3plus files)

Edited by shaft69

I also bought a SONY NW A-800 in the belief that I'd be able to transfer music from my Atrac CDs. The best I can get so far is Sonic Stage 4.3 telling me it won't read disks that haven't been created on 'this computer', even though they were.

I really like the A-800 and I had enough music stored on my notebook to fill half its 8 gigabytes, but I've got 17 Atrac CDs with me in China and all the originals in the loft of my house in London. I'd really like to put some of the music on the Atrac DCs on the A-800.

Any suggestion?