Reorganizing tracks on player in Sonicstage quickly

Rate this topic

RobA

I posted this in another thread, but got no replies, so decided to make a new thread on it.

On all of my units (hd1, rh10, 600D), after transfering songs, I try to put all the songs in ABC order manually. I just added 6 new songs today to my HD1. All the others are already alphabetized (set sonicstage to do that before transfer), but the new ones just become the last 6 tracks on the player. I can easily drag them to where they should be, however, when I try to drag them it takes FOREVER to drag it to wear I want it. Trying to get a song that starts with B from the end of a 500 song list to the top takes a few minutes, for just one song. There must be a quicker way to do this, anyone have a clue how to easily drag/place the song where I want?

I wouldn't mind a solution on this, either. :)

Slightly off topic, but what I find annoying in SonicStage is that when you transfer songs, instead of going back to the group you transferred to (as in previous versions of SonicStage), it goes back to the beginning of the group list! It wouldn't be so bad if i) you had a scrolling mouse and ii) you didn't have many folders, but i) I use a touchpad, and the scrolling function doesn't work in SonicStage and ii) I have at least 150 folders in my Walkman. >.< Very annoying, especially if the tracks you just transferred are at the bottom of the group list.

• 2 weeks later...

I know exactly what you are referring to here. I've seen it myself with my MiniDisc and MS70D players. When I got a newer, faster PC with more RAM I found I had no more problems and could switch around songs zippity-quick.

Also, the A1000 and onwards can display songs in alpha order (and a bunch of other ways too) so how they are ordered in SonicStage makes little difference. Mind you compilaton albums don't work quite as well.

Probably not helpful, sorry

I know exactly what you are referring to here. I've seen it myself with my MiniDisc and MS70D players. When I got a newer, faster PC with more RAM I found I had no more problems and could switch around songs zippity-quick.

Also, the A1000 and onwards can display songs in alpha order (and a bunch of other ways too) so how they are ordered in SonicStage makes little difference. Mind you compilaton albums don't work quite as well.

Probably not helpful, sorry

Yeah my pc is a couple yrs old (and only has 256MB of ram if that matters).

And I'm aware that the newer players sort them automatically, that is one thing I absolutely loved about my hd5.

But still a problem looms. There must be a way to just specificy where I want the track to go, I can't believe it's this difficult. I spent a little over an hr yesterday re-sorting 30 songs.

Edited by Rob A

My Vaio Pocket has the option to search music by GROUP... so sometimes I like to have certain GROUPS together, but when dealing with a 40 GB player, dragging the bottom group up to the top in Sonic Stage can take like 3 minutes of holding that mouse button down and watching everything scroll by very slowly. I have a top form PC, but it is a limitation of the software.

I don't think we'll find a "solution" here talking about it... it seems to be a major limitation of the software. And unless the techs at Sony are reading this form, we're just out of luck.

My Vaio Pocket has the option to search music by GROUP... so sometimes I like to have certain GROUPS together, but when dealing with a 40 GB player, dragging the bottom group up to the top in Sonic Stage can take like 3 minutes of holding that mouse button down and watching everything scroll by very slowly. I have a top form PC, but it is a limitation of the software.

I don't think we'll find a "solution" here talking about it... it seems to be a major limitation of the software. And unless the techs at Sony are reading this form, we're just out of luck.

Yeah it's a shame, really wish there was some solution. I just don't get why sony would leave something like this out.

• 2 weeks later...