NW-S706 v Nokia N91 sound quality

Rate this question

india99541

Question

16 answers to this question

Generally an MP3 player will have much better sound than a phone device, I have a w810i and my girl has one one of the older sony stick sports mp3 player, her mp3 player kills my w810i, even tested with same tracks on both devices with pair of decent headphones, however my mate had an n91 and it sounded decent with CX300's.

End of the day what do you want? A phone with mp3 support, or a stand alone mp3 player. Your decision on what you will use the most.

Its because i just want to buy the nw-s706...i want to buy one but it depends on the sound quality...i have the n91 and trust me it has killer sound...it says hi-fi quality sound on the box too...jus wanted to know the sound quality...if someone could fill me in on the sound quality of the sony device and if it matches the n91 sound it would be welcome

thanks

Its because i just want to buy the nw-s706...i want to buy one but it depends on the sound quality...i have the n91 and trust me it has killer sound...it says hi-fi quality sound on the box too...jus wanted to know the sound quality...if someone could fill me in on the sound quality of the sony device and if it matches the n91 sound it would be welcome

thanks

I see you already have a number of other Atrac devices. How does your N91 sound compared with them? The S706 sounds considerably better than previous units like the ones you have listed. You already have an NW-S603??? :unsure: Hope this helps :)

Edited by ANGRYBADGER

thanks ppl im gonna go and confidently buy an nw-s706 player...after selling the n91 of course :)

And to ANGRYBADGER, yeah i have the nw-s603...bought it from sonystyle uk for £53 (that includes all taxes n shipping costs), but havent opened it because im thinking of returning it for an nw-s706

Thanks

thanks ppl im gonna go and confidently buy an nw-s706 player...after selling the n91 of course :)

And to ANGRYBADGER, yeah i have the nw-s603...bought it from sonystyle uk for £53 (that includes all taxes n shipping costs), but havent opened it because im thinking of returning it for an nw-s706

Thanks

Yeah, thought it was funny you asking abot the NW-S7xx when the NW-S603 is the same but without the fm tuner. £53, that's a very good deal. I think you will be pretty impressed with the NW-S706.

There is no way, that a mobile phone capable of produce same sound quality as a mp3 player. i have w900 and N95, and an ipod. but none of this cell phone cant beat my ipod nano(2nd generation) 2gb player. this is cause mp3 player is built only for one perpose, to produce great sound quality. but the mobile phone have to do mane things. i dont say that the sound quality of N95 and w900 are bad. i just wanna say that they cant beat a sony walkman or an ipod. thats all. thanks.......

Guest Stuge

Hey peepz...just wondering what device you think has the better sound the n91 or the nw-s706?

Remember you can only answer this IF you have owned both devices before

Thanks

I have not owned N91 ,but compared both of them few weeks back .IMO my S703 sounds way better than N91,N73ME or K550i and other walkman phones etc

to fahad2mail, oh trust me the nokia n91 sound is completely to you typical nokia sound, its brilliant but hey just got the nw-s706 yesterday and its truely amazing, its got a wide soundstage (which is pleasant to hear) plus the active noise cancelling works like its meant to...battery life too is excellent and the best thing is there doesn't seem to be any evidence of the EU volume capping!!

to fahad2mail, oh trust me the nokia n91 sound is completely to you typical nokia sound, its brilliant but hey just got the nw-s706 yesterday and its truely amazing, its got a wide soundstage (which is pleasant to hear) plus the active noise cancelling works like its meant to...battery life too is excellent and the best thing is there doesn't seem to be any evidence of the EU volume capping!!

ya dude, i understand. i allready ordered a 705f from argus.co.uk . hehehehehe. i am waiting for this man.