PS3 and Vaio VGF-AP1L

Rate this topic

lightningslim

Hi all,

I've got my PS3 now and I'm loving it, it really is a fantastic machine - far more than just a games machine.

The MP3 playback is great and the HD visualiser built in is wonderful.

I can get it to see the files on my Vaio VGf-ap1l but it won't play or transfer them, has anyone managed to get this working?

Playing and importing files from other storage is simple and works well, I haven't tried but I think if the Mp3's were placed on to the Vaio as files they would be usable by the Ps3 (But of course wouldn't be playable by the Vaio!)

I'm pretty sure this is a "protection" issue, but I'd be glad to hear anyones thoughts.

Mike

I think it's the way Sony MP3 players organize music and because of the DRM on it. But you know, I think Sony can fix this with a firmware update that lets the PS3 access Walkman's (and every other Sony DAP) files...so who knows, guess we'll have to wait. Please note that I don't have a PS3 (maybe it already plays Walkman files I don't know), but I intend to get one this month if everything goes alright. Another nice thing would be if the PS3 would play ATRAC Advanced Lossless files.

Hi all,

I've got my PS3 now and I'm loving it, it really is a fantastic machine - far more than just a games machine.

The MP3 playback is great and the HD visualiser built in is wonderful.

I can get it to see the files on my Vaio VGf-ap1l but it won't play or transfer them, has anyone managed to get this working?

Playing and importing files from other storage is simple and works well, I haven't tried but I think if the Mp3's were placed on to the Vaio as files they would be usable by the Ps3 (But of course wouldn't be playable by the Vaio!)

I'm pretty sure this is a "protection" issue, but I'd be glad to hear anyones thoughts.

Mike

I agree with Ender325, I do not see an issue with playback. I would try to play music files in both ATRAC and MP3 format to see if one/both would work. And even if there was a problem, I would suspect that Sony would want to open the door for the SONY music device players to be in use with the PS3. . . just note a precaution to back up your music files. It's not surprising to see a "glitch" from time to time.