NW-E407 - Windows detects no drivers

Rate this topic

fr4nz

I reformated my computer some day ago. After I installed SonicStage 4.3 I plugged in the player, but there were no drivers detected. Windows just said it detected a "USB device" or a "Network Walkman", but then no drivers are found, and in the Windows Explorer I can't see the player. Sonicstage doesn't detect it, too.

I formatted the player, I pressed the Reset-button. I deleted (and reinstalled) SonicStage and all of its registry stuff, I tried the Stand-Alone-Driver, but nothing happened.

I'm using Windows XP SP 2, SonicStage 4.3, and everything worked before the formatting. Now I don't know what else to do...

As Cool-Rock says there could be a problem with XP or your USB ports, have you tried a USB thumb drive etc to see if it is detected or not.

You could try installing ATRAC Audio Device Driver for Windows Operating System

Applicable Models:

NW-E303, NW-HD1, NW-E103, NW-HD3, NW-E507, NW-HD5, NW-E307, NW-E105, NW-E305, NW-E505, NW-E107, NW-E503

The NWE407 is the same as the E505/7 without an FM radio.

This driver updates the Operating System of the computer to allow the Walkman to function as a removable disk even without the use of the SonicStage software.

Applicable Operating System : Windows® 2000 Professional / Windows® 98 Second Edition

File Name : PA_Driver.exe

Download size: 1,728 KB

Originally posted: 2 May 2006

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/...site=hp_en_AP_i

fr4nz,

Nothing has happened to the USB cable since the last time the PC detected your E407 ?

When you connect the E407 to the Pc does it indicate that it is trying to recharge ?

As you've already re-installed SS perhaps try again.

Does SS start up ok ?

Sometimes my SS has to be started up and opened completely before connecting the E407 (or any other Sony ATRAC device) to detect the device properly.

Otherwise you may have to try Sony support for your region. :unsure: