NW E01X as thumbdrive after battery dead

Rate this question

tes

Question

Hello guys, it is really useful to have a thumbdrive function on the E01X series. Want to ask if the battery dies after few years, for example we cannot on the player to play music. But can we still use it as a thumbdrive or not.

8 answers to this question

well if u be carefull and use to charge the player only when its battery is low or it stop playing. or untill low battery appears. well if u follow it then sony battery is very tough and no longer to worry. well battery have 500 times of charge and discharge cycles. and u bettery set u r player to super power save mode. so that it have more playback time. i think so nwe01x series have more battery strong than even nwe005 well they r improving day by day their battery and u should only use recommended headphones of sony with it. so that their have been no burden on battery.

well if u be carefull and use to charge the player only when its battery is low or it stop playing. or untill low battery appears. well if u follow it then sony battery is very tough and no longer to worry. well battery have 500 times of charge and discharge cycles. and u bettery set u r player to super power save mode. so that it have more playback time. i think so nwe01x series have more battery strong than even nwe005 well they r improving day by day their battery and u should only use recommended headphones of sony with it. so that their have been no burden on battery. well every mp3 player of sony can be used as thumbdrive but after battery dies than it will be dead and will not be detected in system i think so as is the previous case with my bean

well if u be carefull and use to charge the player only when its battery is low or it stop playing. or untill low battery appears. well if u follow it then sony battery is very tough and no longer to worry.

Most current electronics use Lithium Ion rechargable battery, and you do NOT want it to deplete completely (unless for recalibration). On LiIon batteries, frequent partial discharges and recharges are recommended.

well u r right every walkman and electronic componet has lithuim ion battery. and it is good practice to charge and discharge it fully so that it remains on top. well i m using nwe005 for 4 months and icharge it only when its low appears and my battery is working like a chram i am able to get 30 hrs of mp3 and 10 hrs of fm. well hope so it will last more than my bean than i will switch on to nwe01x series.

I read somewhere that lithium ion batteries need not wait for it to fully discharge.

Back to topic, thats to say we cannot use the player as thumb drive when the battery is dead after about 500 cycles of charging. Then the salesman gave me wrong information, he say the player has a flash memory inside and can use as thumbdrive after battery dies.