Will You Buy Another HD5?

Rate this question

superbon

Question

I already have a black hd5.. i loved it so much that I wanted to get another one.. is it still worth getting an hd5 or better get a different brand/model? If only I can find a red one, i would like to collect all the colors of the HD5 :P I recently saw a store that still have 2 units left of color silver for about 170USD or lower.

Edited by superbon

15 answers to this question

Guest Stuge

it's not available here in the philippines. Actually, only the HD5 became available here. even the hd1 & hd3 didn't arrive here :(

It doesn't make any sense to buy another HD5.If possible import one or save money for the better one .

Nothing wrong with the HD5; much better batterylife then it's follow-up the A3000, more capacity and arguably more pleasant sound quality then the A80X, larger though of course. I like my A808 though because it's compact, beautiful and has even longer battery life, nextgen flash players with larger capacity might make HD-layers obsolete, so the HD5 has a limited best-before-use-date, but so has everything electronic. If you like it, for the next 2 years you'll probably can remain happy with it. Keeping it aeems a sensible strategy, buying another....do you foresee your current machine getting unusable?

dura - interesting re: your experiences with the sound quality of the A80X. I'll have to look into that as I am thinking of picking one up merely to replace my HD5. Nothing wrong with the HD5 per se, but just thought I would want to try the A8XX series. Must go check out some reviews on this forum.

As for the HD5, I would buy one again in a heartbeat. In fact, I've got a spare battery ready to go when the original one dies, but I suspect the hard drive will fail first as the original battery is still going strong.

I already have a black hd5.. i loved it so much that I wanted to get another one.. is it still worth getting an hd5 or better get a different brand/model? If only I can find a red one, i would like to collect all the colors of the HD5 :P I recently saw a store that still have 2 units left of color silver for about 170USD or lower.

My god, i cant beleieve there are others that are as sick as me!! :-) thats exactly what i did, i collected all the colours, they are IMHO the very best sounding daps that i have heard, i just got a new red one sealed off ebay, they do crop up, but i have 2 x HD5H and one of each of the normals, all in mint condition!

but i would say you should get another one, i mean the flash daps i have are so damn light in hand, and cheap feeling, at least the hd players feel as if they are solidly constructed and i love the screen orientation option, very handy for me, and none of my other daps can do that!

Edited by Quaddy

Hi,superbon

I love the HD5 as you do.HD5 is a remarkble walkman till now.Good SQ and removable battery makes it the unique or best HDD walkman.I've a RED one now and I want to get an other HD5H because the silver edition HD5 looks bad with white keys.However,it's hard to find a HD5H now.Maybe many sony fans are persuing the A800 series now,but I think the classical unit HD5 is still worth buying.

STAN☆STAN

I've had an HD1 for a couple of years now. It has a few bad sectors, but it still works just fine. I wouldn't want to buy another device very similar to that again (HD3 or HD5).

Just today a local newspaper offerd the 6GB A1000 for a fair Rs. 3,790 (around $93). I've always liked the way it looks, so I picked it up. I'll let you know what I think a few weeks later!

- Aalaap

www.aalaap.com

I have a silver one, I' ve bought it just for 100$ (it was used, but in good condition). I live in Moscow =) But the silver one really looks not very stylish. I hope to find black one, but it's extremely difficult. If i don't manage to find black one, I will just give my silver HD5 to "mobbing" studio (it's like PC modding), and they will paint my HD5 in any colour.

Edited by Upliftor