My NW-S706 damages phones!

Rate this question

massimax

Question

I've been using my S706 with original earphones (those with noise reduction) but three months after I bought it, left channel went down. So I started to use it with Sony Ericsson Walkman line phones (from my Sony Ericsson W850). I used them a couple of months, when their left channel broke too!!! I thought it was only a sad coincidence and changed the phones again. Now I am using Bose uber phones (150 euros!), the around-ear model, and everything works like a charm, BUT yesterday the left channel stopped working for some seconds! I soon unplugged the phones: now they are working ok (on my HiFi system) but I don't want to plug them on my S706 anymore, becouse of breaking channel fear! I can't understand how it could be possible!

ps sorry for my bad English, but I'm Italian...

Edited by massimax

4 answers to this question

Massimax,

Your English makes sense. There maybe something wrong with your NW-S706. Mine has not caused the problem that you describe, but other users have had a similar problem.

One question: using the Sony Ericsson Walkman headphone with the Sony Ericsson cell phone causes no problem? Your problem sounds as though either the cable is snapping, or somehow the connection in the NW-S706 are loses. If it is the first case then you may need to have a longer cable, or ensure that the cable is loose when using the head phones.

Phew! That also happened to me using the original earphones, in less than 2 months one night the left channel's volume lowered while the right channel was fine. Unplugged the thing, reset the player and then the same problem was still there until 3 minutes later. The LC (left channel) hasn't given me any problems after that night. It fixed by itself....I think lol.