NWA3000 mp3 player start up

Rate this question

gezh

Question

Hello.

I have the Sony NWA 3000.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the annoying, time consuming, start up process? It's getting really tedious waiting for it to go through the motions of "Every moment has its music", or "Good day, Good life" etc. Surely there's a way of removing this? It makes such a pain to use.

I simply want to be able to switch the music on or off when I want, not when it wants....not too much to ask of an mp3 player?!

Thanks for any help!

6 answers to this question

Hi and welcome to Atrac Life. The reason you have the long start up process is because that's how long it takes for the hard drive to start up and kick in to action. All hdd walkmans' are like this. If you want an instant start then it's a flash based player you want.

Edited by markey

Hi and welcome to Atrac Life. The reason you have the long start up process is because that's how long it takes for the hard drive to start up and kick in to action. All hdd walkmans' are like this. If you want an instant start then it's a flash based player you want.

Ah I see - though I wasn't aware that iPods take that long? I never hear a bad word said about them ;-)

Ok thanks, guess I'll just have to put up with it. The other thing that annoys me is how quickly it shuts off. I turn it on, adjust the earphones, cables etc, and before I've chosen what to play it's turned itself off, and I have to go through the whole process again!

The A3000 is a nice machine; sexy scifi looks and impressive and advanced buildquality, great sound quality. But it also has its bad sites; sloooow, short batterylife, screen unreadable in sunlight. Much as I liked it, going over ot the A808 was a breath of fresh air. OTOH, I have a preference for the sound signature of the A3000.

True enough that all HD machines are slower than flash memory ones. However, I have always found the A3000 takes twice as long to start up as my HD1 and HD5. It also takes the A3000 longer to respond to any button presses than the other two machines. It has also been slower since I started using SS version 4.2 than when I used version 3.4, so I can only presume that this version produces a differently structured database on the A3000. On the other hand, I have had none of the file corruption issues on the machine that I used to have when I used version 3.4, so the extra slowness is not all bad.

True enough that all HD machines are slower than flash memory ones. However, I have always found the A3000 takes twice as long to start up as my HD1 and HD5. It also takes the A3000 longer to respond to any button presses than the other two machines. It has also been slower since I started using SS version 4.2 than when I used version 3.4, so I can only presume that this version produces a differently structured database on the A3000. On the other hand, I have had none of the file corruption issues on the machine that I used to have when I used version 3.4, so the extra slowness is not all bad.

This is true. My A1200 is slower at responding than my HD5.