Completely erasing a NW-E507

Rate this question

allegate

Question

I'm still having problems with this player having the volume "too high" and am wondering if there's a way to restore all of the settings, like the entire machine, back to original factory default. I'm currently trying to get the user manual from this site's d/k but it keeps giving me errors so I can't open it.

anyway, to describe the "too loud" imagine bad speakers getting music played through them too loudly and the distortion that you end up with. That is present all the time on ATRAC files, MP3's, MP3's that are transferred as ATRAC files, and even the radio. I have no idea what happened (other than my son was playing with it and he's only 2) and it's more than a little annoying. Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

I'm still having problems with this player having the volume "too high" and am wondering if there's a way to restore all of the settings, like the entire machine, back to original factory default. I'm currently trying to get the user manual from this site's d/k but it keeps giving me errors so I can't open it.

anyway, to describe the "too loud" imagine bad speakers getting music played through them too loudly and the distortion that you end up with. That is present all the time on ATRAC files, MP3's, MP3's that are transferred as ATRAC files, and even the radio. I have no idea what happened (other than my son was playing with it and he's only 2) and it's more than a little annoying. Thanks in advance.

Try the reset button on the reverse of the player.

so far I've tried formatting it in Windows (it doesn't like that) and that makes me have to use the reset button. The reset button doesn't really do anything, though if I have to hold it for a certain amount of time (something beyond 30 seconds) then I haven't tried that yet. It's just so annoying that I can't do anything to fix this problem. I know it has to be hardware related but I can't seem to be able to fix the hardware.

Pressing the reset button for more than a second should activate it.

You can format the player via its 'advanced menu' but this will erase any data held in the flash memory (ie you loose any songs you've loaded).

The operating manual is included as a PDF on the SonicStage Disc that came with the player so I don't know why you're want to download it unless you are after the service manual.

Do the songs sound over loud and distorted on your PC also ?

tried holding the button long, nothing. formatted it many times, nothing. installed the newest firmware, nothing. and yeah, I was looking for (eventually found) the service manual.

and finally, yes - the songs sound overly loud on the computer as well. No matter what I use (mp3, atrac) or what bit rate or even if I convert the files first before transfer, they songs sound like crap. I've given up on fixing this. It should be a matter of pressing certain buttons (because that's what my son was doing when it "broke") but I don't see what those buttons are in the service manual.