Amazing Sony Offer on A800 series

Rate this question

tonyjaa

Question

Whiles shopping in Bluewater today I stumbled on an amazing offer that I could believe it was true and had to ask the sales staff twice if it was a misprint.

Whiles browsing around the shop I saw an advertisement on the shop window. The offer was get a free portable speaker cradle worth £179.99 upon purchasing any NW-A800 series starting from £99 for the 2GB.

What's more I thought it was the speaker in the picture as advertised "Sony CPF-NW001" but it turns out that its the one with the Network WiFi features) Yeah !!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-CPFIX001-CEK-...7517&sr=8-1

So anyone in the UK looking to purchasing a NW-A800 player you know where to go (Sony Centres) :lol:

Got home and tried out those speakers and seriously I was blown away by its sound quality. The speakers are identical to the CPF-NW001 series.

Edited by tonyjaa

7 answers to this question

Great offer - Argos was also giving away that exact speaker system with the 808 a few weeks ago. I already had an 808 but I still managed to pick up the wi-fi version of the CPF-NW001 for just £99 which is pretty good! I had the CPF-NW001, then I sold it and got the wi-fi one which was cheaper because of the discount. And yes, the sound is unbelievable isn't it, considering it's so small!! It's quite bassy so I tend to reduce the bass on the remote control unit and use the EQ on the 808 instead. Well done, you got yourself a real bargain!

Great offer - Argos was also giving away that exact speaker system with the 808 a few weeks ago. I already had an 808 but I still managed to pick up the wi-fi version of the CPF-NW001 for just £99 which is pretty good! I had the CPF-NW001, then I sold it and got the wi-fi one which was cheaper because of the discount. And yes, the sound is unbelievable isn't it, considering it's so small!! It's quite bassy so I tend to reduce the bass on the remote control unit and use the EQ on the 808 instead. Well done, you got yourself a real bargain!

I didn't know Argos was giving away the same speaker system, maybe my local Argos didn't advertise the promotion that well. Maybe the offer was snapped up fast whiles stock last. :lol:

The sound is unbelievable as you mentioned and for me setting up the unit so it can stream music and web radio went without a hitch.

I didn't know Argos was giving away the same speaker system, maybe my local Argos didn't advertise the promotion that well. Maybe the offer was snapped up fast whiles stock last. :lol: The sound is unbelievable as you mentioned and for me setting up the unit so it can stream music and web radio went without a hitch.

I didn't know about the 'freebie' giveaway until I was on the Amazon UK site and saw some really really bad reviews for the wi-fi speaker system. I was very surprised as it was exactly the same as the previous one, but with wi-fi. Then I read the reviews and saw that some people had got it bundled 'free' with the Sony player, but it was the wi-fi part everyone was complaining about, not the sound!

I have to confess that I loaded the software and then when I saw the zillion instructions for setting the wi-fi part up, I gave up in dispair and just use it as a speaker system. I didn't buy it for the wi-fi facilities anyway, it was because it was such a bargain and cheaper than the model without wi-fi. I don't think I've ever seen such a 'giveaway' before. It's worth almost £200!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-CPFIX001-CEK-...s/dp/B000K9DMDS

That's an amazing offer.

It certainly makes the one at SonyCentral Sydney look feeble.

They're offering the NWDB100's promo pack with an NW-A800 player.

The promo pack consists of:

* small draw-string pouch for your player

* rubber thing to wrap your eyephone cable

* micro-fibre cloth to clean the screen

* walkman logo dangle-charm.

That's an amazing offer.

It certainly makes the one at SonyCentral Sydney look feeble.

They're offering the NWDB100's promo pack with an NW-A800 player.

The promo pack consists of:

* small draw-string pouch for your player

* rubber thing to wrap your eyephone cable

* micro-fibre cloth to clean the screen

* walkman logo dangle-charm.

Price reduced or??

I'm looking for someone to buy my ipod and I will back to Sony's....

Anybody know where can I sell it??