Unable to Select Folder to Transfer Music to PC

Kadaan

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem with saving the files. Net Framework 1.1 and 2.0 are installed on my Windows XP.

After some modifications in the sourcecode of GYM 1.2beta and recompiling it with Visual C#2005 (free express edition) I can save the files now.

Now the alterations in the source code:

1) In the main.cs find

private void Form1_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

{

///insert this as the first line

Control.CheckForIllegalCrossThreadCalls = false;

2) In the main.cs find the following lines of code and

insert a new line of code after my comment: ///the next line...

private void pb_SaveTrack_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

{

if (g_SaveTracksThread != null)

g_SaveTracksThread.Abort();

g_TracksToSave = tl_Tracks.GetSelectedTracks();

g_SaveTracksThread = new System.Threading.Thread(new System.Threading.ThreadStart(SaveTracks));

/// the next line has to be inserted here!!!

g_SaveTracksThread.SetApartmentState(ApartmentState.STA);

g_SaveTracksThread.Start();

}

3) In the main.cs find the following lines of code and

private void tl_Tracks_saveTracks(ArrayList tracks)

{

g_TracksToSave = tracks;

g_SaveTracksThread = new System.Threading.Thread(new System.Threading.ThreadStart(SaveTracks));

}

4) In the main.cs find the following lines of code and

private void pb_SaveTracks_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

{

g_TracksToSave = tl_Tracks.GetCurrentViewTrackList();

}

5) recompile the whole gym (not the keywizard)

6) I'm not regularly visiting this forum and and I'm not a c# guru so don't expect immediate answers :-(

7) Good luck!

Edited by rolandinchania

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Roland, thanks a lot for the fix. After following your instructions it now works fine.

Rather than have everyone have to go through the hassle of installing Visual Studio and making the modifications it would probably be easier to just upload the modified version. I've uploaded a modified version of 1.2Beta to a few file hosting sites below:

http://rapidshare.de/files/39441978/GYM_1.2Beta.zip.html

http://www.mediafire.com/?c0o34dnhqby

http://www.badongo.com/file/9428062

Hopefully they'll stay alive for a while but these sites usually delete files if they're not downloaded for a set period of time.

Thanks to the original creator of GYM and thanks again to Roland for the instructions.

• 2 years later...

My god, please someone tell that there's still a way to somehow get the modified version of GYM to see the folders. My 3 years of careful music collection are stuck in the player and I feel very desperate. Now that I found this thread my hopes got a bit higher. Hope someone still reads this... Please reupload the program if possible!

• 1 year later...

Recently got a new Windows 7 PC & found I couldn't save (no window would come up at all). Downloaded the source, used the copy of Visual Studio 2010 I have at work to open it, which converted the files, added rolandinchania's amendments, compiled it, replaced my old GYM.exe on my NW-HD5 & seems to work for me now.

Link here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/aavnu8

Obviously keep a backup of your old GYM.exe just in case it doesn't work for you.

• 2 months later...

Recently got a new Windows 7 PC & found I couldn't save (no window would come up at all). Downloaded the source, used the copy of Visual Studio 2010 I have at work to open it, which converted the files, added rolandinchania's amendments, compiled it, replaced my old GYM.exe on my NW-HD5 & seems to work for me now.

Link here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/aavnu8

Obviously keep a backup of your old GYM.exe just in case it doesn't work for you.

Please provide new link because this one you provide is not working any more!! Thank you very much!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

OK, here's a new link that should stay active as long as I keep it on my Google Drive:

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BwMWsRbwy_9MalhiX3JlWmlDUkU/edit?usp=sharing

As I said before, please back up your old GYM.exe 1st. I had this new version on my work PC, but am not able to test it out right now, but pretty certain it is the one I posted before.

Thanks very much. Are you willing to put the source online? If so, we would be willing to upload it to our board here for all to enjoy.

Not myself being a GYM user nor an NWZ-HDx owner, can you tell me which walkmen it supports please? The NW-A1200 for example?

Admin

Thanks very much. Are you willing to put the source online? If so, we would be willing to upload it to our board here for all to enjoy.

Not myself being a GYM user nor an NWZ-HDx owner, can you tell me which walkmen it supports please? The NW-A1200 for example?

Admin

OK, there's now a zip file 'GYMV1.2UPGRADE.zip' in the same folder as the exe.

Basically as I said before I opened the source project (downloaded from the GYM website) in Visual Studio 2010, let it convert the project (the UpgradeLog.XML in the zip will give you an idea of what happened there), then added rolandinchania's changes to main.cs, recompiled it & put the GYM.exe out there.

As for what versions it will work on, I'm afraid I only have an NW-HD5, so can only say it will definitely work on that. Suspect however it will work for a lot of models if GYM works in general & it's just the folder selection that is causing a problem. Backup your current GYM.exe & try it.

Ahhhh. Basically if someone doesn't have GYM at all they need the GYM zip file from

http://clientes.netvisao.pt/~sonygym/GYMv1.2b_beta.zip

& need to replace the GYM.exe from that zip with the one I'm hosting.

Feel free to grab that zip & replace the GYM.exe inside it with mine & host the resulting zip here. Not sure what version that would make it? 1.2c? I have seen reference to 1.3 on this messageboard, but not sure what is involved there.

You probably won't have too much interest in GYMV1.2UPGRADE.zip that I put up in that case, that's just the Visual Studio Project that has the source code for the 2 exe's in the download zip

Thanks

That in turn raises the question: where is the source for the remaining pieces? I'm not an open-source purist but I know that generally these things should at least be available if we post them.

I'd better hold off until I know a bit more about GYM, especially if (as it appears to be) using Sony secret knowledge about encryption.

Stephen

Well.... I just tried the ORIGINAL 1.2b Beta and it ran with my NW-A1200 connected, under XP.

I have a totally different problem now - the keywizard refuses to run (I tell a lie, it runs but just site there forever after making one directory on the hard disk). Without the keywizard, GYM refuses to export the tracks. I'm surprised if the NW-A1200 even needs keys because AFAIK all music on that device is unencrypted. I can copy off the files and play them. However GYM does read the database nicely. This means that if one looked at the source one ought to be able to figure out how to make the files on the NW-A1200 (and presumably 1000, and 3000) have the right names. One could borrow the source to write a nice utility to read files on there.

(Incidentally I have a hunch this format looks like SS's "backup" format).

Any idea what's going on, folks? This is my first experience of this piece of software.