WMP supposed to play atrac with SS4.3?

Rate this topic

atown8605

SonicStage (for quite sometime now) installs an ATRAC3 Directshow filter, which WMP can use, even with CONNECT purchases... But WMP doesn't support ATRAC3 management/tagging/burning etc. The filter does feature some protection for secured ATRAC3 files, for those users trying to convert CONNECT purchases to any other format using something like WinAMP. It will only convert a portion of the audio, last I checked.

SonicStage (for quite sometime now) installs an ATRAC3 Directshow filter, which WMP can use, even with CONNECT purchases... But WMP doesn't support ATRAC3 management/tagging/burning etc. The filter does feature some protection for secured ATRAC3 files, for those users trying to convert CONNECT purchases to any other format using something like WinAMP. It will only convert a portion of the audio, last I checked.

interesting

exactly what is happening

I am trying to convert atrac files.

alan

Today, I pointed WMP11 to an album I downloaded from CONNECT and created a BURN list. I had to re-arrange the tracks because SS doesn't place them in the correct track list order when it downloads from CONNECT.....surprise ,surprise.

To my amazement it converted the DRM'd ATRAC 132 kpbs files to cd format and burned a perfect CD.

I don't believe it.

I know this isn't very important in the scheme of things but it seems WMP11 was ready for ATRAC before it was required, plus, I thought DRM'd ATRAC was locked down to SS only.

I know this isn't very important in the scheme of things but it seems WMP11 was ready for ATRAC before it was required, plus, I thought DRM'd ATRAC was locked down to SS only.

I wonder if sony has done something with microsoft to get around the drm?

Anyway burning drmed files to cd sounds like a reasonable way to back up any connect files.

Personally I'm using HIMDrender and converting to mp3.

• 2 weeks later...