Can you add individual albums to the A81x and S61x with WMP-11?

Rate this question

tman

Question

6 answers to this question

Is this a strange question, or is it not clear? I thought it was very simple but I'm having trouble getting a clear answer.

of course you can add individual albums. gapless is not supported for the time being. the player shows album art when it is embedded in the tag, you can use mp3tag from www.mp3tag.de to easily achieve this.

Edited by ceres

of course you can add individual albums. gapless is not supported for the time being. the player shows album art when it is embedded in the tag, you can use mp3tag from www.mp3tag.de to easily achieve this.

OK well that's good to know. I get nervous when I hear people use the word "synch", which to me implies that the contents of the player will be matched to the contents of the computer (thus losing anything that is not on the computer). So does this mean it's like a two-step drag and drop? (drag albums to WMP, then drag from there to the player?) Forgive my ignorance but I've never use itunes or any other software to transfer music (my only DAP is a rockboxed Toshiba F40).

Regarding gapless - is the gap longer when using drag and drop, vs. WMP? Is it very noticeable or a split-second 'tick'?

Somone in this thread on head-fi (post #19 and following) thought the player sounded gapless when using the Sony software. Any comments on this?

I use EAC -V2 (meaning LAME), which I believe imbeds album art, so hopefully the aa would show up for me.

Edited by tman

OK well that's good to know. I get nervous when I hear people use the word "synch", which to me implies that the contents of the player will be matched to the contents of the computer (thus losing anything that is not on the computer). So does this mean it's like a two-step drag and drop? (drag albums to WMP, then drag from there to the player?) Forgive my ignorance but I've never use itunes or any other software to transfer music (my only DAP is a rockboxed Toshiba F40).

Regarding gapless - is the gap longer when using drag and drop, vs. WMP? Is it very noticeable or a split-second 'tick'?

Somone in this thread on head-fi (post #19 and following) thought the player sounded gapless when using the Sony software. Any comments on this?

I use EAC -V2 (meaning LAME), which I believe imbeds album art, so hopefully the aa would show up for me.

It works like this: you add music to the wmp library by either drag&drop or you can scan folders or directories. You can also have wmp watch a folder for changes. Once you start up WMP it will scan the watched

folder automatically and add the new files to your library. Once registered in the library you can drag and drop mp3s on your walkman or use the wonderful windows thing called context menu --> right mouse click --> send to walkman device. This is not possible in itunes because

it stems from the stark osx world (how often have i dragged stuff to a playlist next to the ipod in the list)

I also use lame v2/v1 but don´t know about the eac tagging system. does eac download artwork when it queries for tags?

Edited by ceres

It works like this: you add music to the wmp library by either drag&drop or you can scan folders or directories. You can also have wmp watch a folder for changes. Once you start up WMP it will scan the watched

folder automatically and add the new files to your library. Once registered in the library you can drag and drop mp3s on your walkman or use the wonderful windows thing called context menu --> right mouse click --> send to walkman device. This is not possible in itunes because

it stems from the stark osx world (how often have i dragged stuff to a playlist next to the ipod in the list)

I also use lame v2/v1 but don´t know about the eac tagging system. does eac download artwork when it queries for tags?

I'm no expert on it, but I've had album art show up with albums I've ripped using EAC.