japanese translation of installation needed!

Rate this topic

aznbro85

After getting my NWZ-A818, I felt it was time to protect it. So i hopped onto ebay and bought one of the official sony screen protectors for the NW-A8xx series. It is the PRF-NWA800

Well, long story short, I looked at the pictures and I *think* i did it correctly, but i'm a little confused as to whether I did it correctly or not. There didnt seem to be any 'adhesive' to it, and seemd to be stuck in place via 'static'. Can somebody summarize the installation instructions to make sure i didn't overlook anything? Thanks in advance! :)

DSC00210.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

I purchased a A808 in Hong Kong and most electrical shop do give these plastic screen protector free.

I presume you have already stuck the protective sheet on your 818.

Most of my gadgets use the same type of screen protector which are stuck to the screen via static charged (PSP, SonyEricsson phone and of course my A808). These static protector are removable and doesn't leave any marks if you ever decide to remove it. However once removed you'll find it normally be contaminated with external dust because of the static charged. (unless you work in a clean room :lol: )

Here's there instructions.

1) Clean the sceen so that there isn't any dust or finger prints.

2) Peel the first protective layer first (the one to be stuck to the screen)

Align and stick it to the screen from top to bottom to avoid get air bubbles. (Tool tip: Use hard flat card to press agaist the protector whiles laying down the protector)

I'm not too sure about the offical Sony ones but it may have a third plastic sheet protecting the protector itself.

Hint: Try and work in a non-dusty environment.

Edited by tonyjaa

I purchased a A808 in Hong Kong and most electrical shop do give these plastic screen protector free.

I presume you have already stuck the protective sheet on your 818.

Most of my gadgets use the same type of screen protector which are stuck to the screen via static charged (PSP, SonyEricsson phone and of course my A808). These static protector are removable and doesn't leave any marks if you ever decide to remove it. However once removed you'll find it normally be contaminated with external dust because of the static charged. (unless you work in a clean room :lol: )

Here's there instructions.

1) Clean the sceen so that there isn't any dust or finger prints.

2) Peel the first protective layer first (the one to be stuck to the screen)

Align and stick it to the screen from top to bottom to avoid get air bubbles. (Tool tip: Use hard flat card to press agaist the protector whiles laying down the protector)

I'm not too sure about the offical Sony ones but it may have a third plastic sheet protecting the protector itself.

Hint: Try and work in a non-dusty environment.

Thanks for the response tonyjaa, I really appreciate it :)

I figured out my problem. I put in on the wrong way. When I put it on it slid off pretty easily, hence the post. After I got back from school I was messing around with it again, and thought to flip it over and try it out again.

VIOLA! It worked this time.

See, it's true. It's not always manufacture defects. It's sometimes user error :lol: