New video walkman - release date (UK)?

Rate this question

fredj

Question

28 answers to this question

ok this is becoming more interesting by the day.

I naturally assumed the older players that were just re-released were the new units, but I guess I was wrong.

the new S series which we got, the 600 and 700 debuted when they were supposed to, and now a new unit is due, but the date doesn't match the date specified, maybe sony is bringing it closer to debut because of the itouch? also has the same capacities as the itouch incidently. :o

I naturally assumed the older players that were just re-released were the new units, but I guess I was wrong.

the new S series which we got, the 600 and 700 debuted when they were supposed to, and now a new unit is due, but the date doesn't match the date specified, maybe sony is bringing it closer to debut because of the itouch? also has the same capacities as the itouch incidently. :o

itoch goes up to 16gig but the "new" a series sony max out at 8gig. Sony had about 5 months to work on a8 hardware so maybe that is exactly what they did and the nwz a8x does indeed offer

enhanced hardware.

Edited by ceres

itoch goes up to 16gig but the "new" a series sony max out at 8gig. Sony had about 5 months to work on a8 hardware so maybe that is exactly what they did and the nwz a8x does indeed offer

enhanced hardware.

I would agree, but still believe that Sony could release a 16gig model. I do not know what enhancements that Sony could offer, other that (the obvious drag-and-drop).

It seems that they have already been released in some regions. Sony, may be having a supply issue.

Ascariss

the new S series which we got, the 600 and 700 debuted when they were supposed to, and now a new unit is due, but the date doesn't match the date specified, maybe sony is bringing it closer to debut because of the itouch? also has the same capacities as the itouch incidently.

Hi Ascariss,

Is it a wide screen stuff ? Is it a touch screen or OLED ? Has wifi ? if so, has skype ?

Cool gui or now dumb xmb ?

You can actually get one of the new sony players a lot cheaper than the old 808's. I mean my A808 was 169.99£ after a month or so from the release. New sony is debuting at 129.99£ and the old A808's are still being sold for £150!!! What's going on??!!

My guess is that the current pricing is to tie in with the new 16 gig model (if that's what we are getting any time soon). It will probably sell for approx £200GBP.

The title says it all really.

Sony style website says mid-September, amazon had it down as yesterday and it's now listed as available (not pre-order) but in 1-2months, and play has it down as in another few weeks. Anyone know when exactly.. particularly from sonystyle?

Ok I think you misunderstood the sites, the new video walkman from the sites mentioned is the 600 and revamped 800 series.

https://www.sonystyle.co.uk/SonyStyle/b2c/d...002BC29B85)/.do

weird enough it mentions the 600 series as a photo walkman,

revamped 800 series here. not sure why amazon.co.uk is charging so much for the 8 gig version when it is only 132 pounds on sony's site.

anyways, I think you meant these players. My previous statement still stands though.

Ok I think you misunderstood the sites, the new video walkman from the sites mentioned is the 600 and revamped 800 series.

weird enough it mentions the 600 series as a photo walkman,

revamped 800 series here. not sure why amazon.co.uk is charging so much for the 8 gig version when it is only 132 pounds on sony's site.

anyways, I think you meant these players. My previous statement still stands though.

Actually,

These are the 510 series Walkman not the 610 series. It seems as though Sony UK will be sell in NWZ-S515L models with do not include FM and the ability to play videos. Checking the link was the first time that I heard of these models. I have not been able to locate any models for the NWZ-S610 series on Amazon UK or Sony UK.

Man, I am so confused. New 8 series, 6-series, new 7-series with NC, and now a new 5 series that doesn't play video? All of which is made worse by Acariss' hints that something else is coming as well?! AAaaaahhhh!

;)

-Nav

:lol:

Man, I am so confused. New 8 series, 6-series, new 7-series with NC, and now a new 5 series that doesn't play video? All of which is made worse by Acariss' hints that something else is coming as well?! AAaaaahhhh!

Hehe, don't forget the 6-series also have two sub-series, the atrac (in Japan) and the Z non-atrac.

assuming the info I have is still current, then it will be a while before sony shows off anything, or if a debut occurs, sales won't start anytime soon, this isn't apple we are talking about here.

Ah come on on,Don´t tease......Are Sony gonna suprise us and have a product that will knock us of our feet....or am I gonna have to keep holding on to my A3000 :o .I ain´t gonna but one of those 8gig players...not enough Space and I travel alot...

Well it looks like Sony ain´t in any hurry and are bidding there time as there seems to be abit of a Apple Backlash at the moment with some not so positive reviews of the iPhone and Touch iPod....Now is the time for Sony to strike

Ah come on on,Don´t tease......Are Sony gonna suprise us and have a product that will knock us of our feet....or am I gonna have to keep holding on to my A3000 :o .I ain´t gonna but one of those 8gig players...not enough Space and I travel alot...

Well it looks like Sony ain´t in any hurry and are bidding there time as there seems to be abit of a Apple Backlash at the moment with some not so positive reviews of the iPhone and Touch iPod....Now is the time for Sony to strike

I seriously doubt that there will be a backlash against Apple. There will be some disgruntle customers. However, Apple has a tendency of using there PR machine to quickly and effectively change that. Also, the iPod community will nullify any 'resistance'. In other words this current dissatisfaction will amount to nothing.

look here -> http://fakesteve.blogspot.com/2007/09/more...e-backlash.html

If the 8GB Network Walkman are not big enough then just wait. The Christmas buying season is not yet, and hopefully Sony can come out with a 16GB plus player just in time.